Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden says he expects highly rated rookie Marc Marquez to be competitive immediately when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar in early April. Marquez will replace retired double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda in 2013 and several high profile rivals have tipped the teenager to make an instant impact. The latest is American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn.

As these forums demonstrate, we all have our particular favourite riders and styles that we like to watch. I have total respect for Lorenzo and appreciate he's a world class act - seems like a decent chap too. The point I was making was he just leaves me a little cold, there's no fizz when I watch him race, very much the feelings I have when I watch Dovi also, they're just too clinical. I prefer the guys that hang it all out and run on that raggedy edge, bin it or win it, that's fine with me. No disrespect intended, purely a decision based on taste..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Rainy

I totally understand your point of view, but doesnt that make Lorenzo the more complete rider? Fast enough to win plenty races, clinical enough to save his tyre when required , listen to the warning signs and back off that one percent and bring it home just about every race. A points win rather than trying for the knock out and getting sucker punched.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

CCB, I'd be pushed to disagree with you..

..Lorenzo is world class and a formidable opponent, that's indisputable. I just rarely find myself rooting for him that's all. He's a more polished and sophisticated racer than the majority of the field, but in a head to head, I'd be screaming at the screen for Crutchlow to take the win!..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

lol Rainy

So would i, national pride will always have me supporting the brit. I get the fact that many people loved Stoners exciting style and edge of your seat riding, but dont really understand why they feel the need to insult people like myself when we point out was also his downfall at times. Crutchlow was the same last season, blindingly fast at time and looking good then crashed out too often (podium or bin ,wont say win) Its learning from that ,that Cal needs to show if he's to make another step forward. Marquez will be exciting to watch for sure, as to how it will actually pan out?? who knows..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The point Saturn

is that by implication you (and some of the dozier others) are suggesting Stoner has a more laissez-faire approach to his riding than the others. Nonsense, they all go about their business in broadly the same manner. Push when you can if a result is on, bring it home for points when you can't. 'Win it or bin it' is an Oompa Loompa simplistic fallacy.

Lorenzo spent a season or two bouncing, as did Rossi, as did Stoner. To know where the razors edge is you need to cross it a few times. Hopefully without drawing blood.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Reverend

Now now, as you well know im a big Fan of young Dovi and his sublime skills. But as a patriotic Brit, i can only hope Master Crutchlow has learnt from his time with Dovi, and produces similar result to him this coming season.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hello Nostro

Dare I say this - your posts are beginning to sound more and more like mine.  Is it that you are beginning to see my point of view ??  BTW the 'win it or bin it' quote comes from the media/commentators not from me or those to whom you refer as Oompah Loompah's.  You will not see any more comments from me on Stoner as any such point of view is now irrelevant. We must move on.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Afternoon Nostro

You old james blunt. Nice to see youve edited your post, just to make it abit more crude and insulting. You wouldnt want anyone thinking that you werent actually the tosser you act like would you....

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It's official..

Casey Stoner is a simplistic Oompah Loompah cock..:lol::lol::lol:

Stoner said: I'm pretty disappointed, I had planned to go for my 'win or bin' effort in the last corner not that one!

No surprise there, as most know they're orange not yellow.

Senile & colour-blind old duffer Nostril being the obvious exception.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18759889

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

your obssession

I bow to few as a sports tragic, but your obssession with stoner borders on the bizarre wosi.

The only time I ever looked at a general fox sports blog in australia (don't like to encourage rupert, and perhaps to be fair you can never repay us for donating him to you, as is the case with foster's) you were on there raving about stoner.

Perhaps the worst thing for you guys is the suspicion that the main reason stoner doesn't have further titles is that he couldn't be bothered.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices