Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden says he expects highly rated rookie Marc Marquez to be competitive immediately when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar in early April. Marquez will replace retired double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda in 2013 and several high profile rivals have tipped the teenager to make an instant impact. The latest is American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Win or Bin

No Saturn. You mentioned it earlier in the thread. If anyone's changing position it's you. You've been far less yellow bellied blinkered of late. Is the message finally getting though?

Nice work Wosi. Not quite the same as a premeditated effort right from the off though is it? I stand by what I say. If any rider worth his salt is in with a sniff of the win they'll seize the opportunity. But as a couch surfer not a competitor you probably cannot comprehend that.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pedigree..

haha..sure thing Nostro.

I reckon most trackdays here in the UK are faster than NZ nationals.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The CX500

or the Benly Wosi?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

:laugh::tongue::wink:

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Bang on Nicky, always knows what to say even if he doesn't?.....doohan fan--do you realise just how a-typical an Aussie saying he didn't win because he couldn't be bothered is ??Australia and moaner personified. He also won with ease and pretended everything else didn't really happen.. . Funniest comment on here bar non even nostro. a great start to the new year and dare i hazard a guess that casey won't be bothered or will be in v8's depending on the results. My money is on not bothered....Aussie beer is like their sporting attitude, full of piss and wind..fact..ish..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Milkybars

"Consistency does not win titles, you need to win races" and a whole lot of other bullshit for not winning and not being graceful in defeat you get the shit handed to you.

As much as I know that I shouldn't try and reasonably debate anything with a redneck bumbilly like you, I can't help it.

No idea where that's come from. I've never said it.

Quote me. If you're capable of any other kind of debate than mass that is

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

''You've been far less yellow bellied blinkered of late. Is the message finally getting though?''

I've never been yellow bellied or blinkered but I am a VR46 admirer and no shame in that.   It depends on what message you are referring to.   What I have come to understand on these forums is that you achieve more and get to know people much better with sugar than with vinegar.  Since I pegged back the insults and adopted a more positive approach I find that others respond positively too  and I've got to know a bit more about several people on both sides of the fence which is something that probably would not have happened before.     CHR Pacey Bulto on one hand CarCleanerBoy SuperMario and surprsingly  BloodBubble and Cornbowl on the other hand  have also responded with positive PM's to me.

These forums are to be enjoyed and that is IMO acheived with 'healthy' debate.  P.S. a bit of leg-pulling does not go amiss.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes hugelean

There are those who would see some irony in someone called doohanfan being told australian sportsmen in general pretend not to care about winning.

What stoner didn't care about imo (I don't think he can be generalised about as an australian sportsman anymore than I would generalise about british sportsmen or women) is continuing to ride just to continue to prove people like you wrong, having achieved whatever he wanted to achieve. I think he gave every indication of wanting to win every race he contested, as wosi's most recent citation evidences. What is the "everything else " to which you refer, perhaps the mortification he should feel that 3 gp riders in history have won more premier class races than him?.

Foster's is a vile concoction even in comparison with other not very potable mainstream australian beer which was never drunk by australians and is now hard to even find in australia. Your point was?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

BultoBoy....when you say things like

Interesting that Stoner gets called immature or lacking racecraft for pursuing wins and Lorenzo is looked on as more complete - or at least that's how it is at the moment. When Lorenzo 'failed to challenge' Stoner in Jerez last year, he was criticised for 'settling for second' and 'gifting Stoner the win'

Not double standards again surely...

and I said this may be the reason and quoted the buck tooth idiot.

"Consistency does not win titles, you need to win races"

and a whole lot of other bullshit for not winning and not being graceful in defeat...... you get the shit handed to you.

You Brits are soooo slow.......all round. Whew!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Milkybars

ok, I thought you were quoting me.

So, back to my point which was, regardless of a rider's individual approach, I was commenting on the hypocrisy of criticising one rider for going for win and not settling for second, but doing exactly the opposite with another.

Arguments are twisted to suit a purpose .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices