Skip to content

Discuss This A2 licence holders wanted General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > A2 licence holders wanted

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

A2 licence holders wanted

MCN is looking for holders of the new ‘A2’ motorcycle licence, created under rules coming into force on Saturday. The new category, which carries a 47bhp limit, is part of sweeping changes to the motorcycle licence regime. All new riders under 24 will have to get an A2 licence and spend time restricted to 47bhp before taking another test for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Good luck finding any

I'm seeing reports of training schools not having any A2 test bikes.

Can't say I blame them, it's ball crunchingly unfair to expect them to find 4 different fleets of bikes (peds, A1, A2, A) just as the number of candidates drops off overnight.

I forsee a lot of people doing A2 on 40kW+ A bikes that have been "restricted" by dint of printing off an "Is 35kW today, honest" bit of paper.  If so, that would give exactly the right degree of mockery to the same-test-different-bike testing regime.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Cotton Wool Brigade

Why do I (increasingly) get the feeling, that the "cotton wool brigade" would like to banish bikes? If you add Black Monday to Black Wednesday... you would end up with a fiscal hole 1000s of times deeper than the impact bikers have (ever) had on UK emergency & medical resources. You will also find that a motorcycle is a lot more useful than a politician! Maybe it's 'they' who should be wearing day-glo jackets, to make 'us' aware of 'them'.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

It'll certainly be interesting to see just how many take the various tests.

Presumably the incompetants who refer to themselves as the DSA, will concoct a set of figures to prove how the changes have improved the accident stats.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Accident stats

"deaths of motorcyclists have dropped 90% after we made motorcycles illegal against the advice of our professional, qualified experts who have since resigned in protest"

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Licence

Can any one tell me.  can my 27 year old daughter who hes recently failed her module one test on a 500 still learn and retake her test on a 500 and after she has passed ride the suzuki sv650 she has bought

Reply to this Topic
birchie1

Nov 12

birchie1 says:

Sorry to say, but even being over 24 you are still Governed by the cc and output of the machine you pass on. To ride the sv unrestricted she would have to pass her test on a machine over 600cc putting out over 53 BHP. Being over24 just gives you the option of either licence but doesn't exclude you from the new rules, Kind regards Nikki MTS Sussex

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

So....

after all that, it's still as clear as mud........jeez what a fcuk up.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

I like the new rules.

For once, I do not have to feel envious of Western Europeans having a better quality of life than we do here in the US.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

"on a machine over 600cc putting out over 53 BHP"

At least 595cc and at least 40kW. Newer GS500s are suitable for the new A2 test. All other "500"s (including older GS500s, but the DSA apparently doesn't know this) are too powerful for the new A2 test, but not powerful or large enough capacity for the new A test. It's just incomprehensible why the DSA are insisting on a 35kW maximum power for A2 test bikes (and evidence of it), when all that's required by the 3DLD is that they're at least 25kW. It just seems like egregious jobsworth pedantry... which I guess does explain it.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

what a load of..........

...........PC bollocks. I road a 105mph 250 twin on my 16th birthday. Our freedom is gradually being eroded and you all still keep voting them back in every five years. You fikin IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices