Skip to content

Discuss This A small tribute... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > A small tribute...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Westlake  says:

A small tribute...

After a lifetime working as a precision engineer West Countryman Tony Haines has developed the sort of skills that most of us can only dream about; and if you’re the sort of person who struggles to operate a can opener you’ll be hard pressed to comprehend the two thousand hours of painstaking work he’s put into creating a unique 1/7th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 14:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Tony Haines

1/7th,????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What can you say but wow!

Mr Haines your model looks superb in these pictures, a very far cry from the mass produced cobby die cast things. As I looked at the first photo initally i thought, 'man those tyres look so right'. The word 'perfectionist' should have a new entry in the O.E.D.

You have obviously lived a full professional and recreational life. I tip my hat to you and all you have achieved with your dedication.

Reply to this Topic
timowers

Jan 10

timowers says:

Scale

If not 1/7th then it might have been better to say what scale it actually is rather than all those question marks.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Lovely article

That is genuinely impressive stuff.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Perfect

If you took a photo of that model in the right lighting and setting it would be indistinguishable from the real thing. Pretty incredible!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Incredible.

Sir, you humble us all.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Stunning

well done to you that looks like a stunning replica, you must have an awful lot of patience. Just a suggestion for your next project, how about a Ducati Paso shouldn't take very long in comparison.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

I remember my father taking me to Aldworth in Berkshire in the 50's to see Jeff Smith along with the Rickman brothers and Jeff Ward. Happy Days

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Amazing!

What an amazing dedication you have to your world class craft! My Dad loved the article in MCN as he was a big Jeff Smith fan. Much respect!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

Gobsmacked

How brilliant is that

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN