You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > battry help

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

codewahn

Jan 13

codewahn says:

battry help

i recently got a used sinnis apache but it needs a new battery as the one that is in it just isn't the rite one for it. i came across one battery i want but im not sure if it will fit in the holder

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MotoBatt-QuadFlex-MBTX9U-Battery-for-a-Suzuki-SV-650-All-Models-1999-2010-/180910323285?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a1f187655 

would that one fit or would i need a smaller one?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 18:28)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
codewahn

Jan 13

codewahn says:

battery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-12V9AH-Battery-for-Sinnis-Apache-125-QM125GY-/160576881874?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item256320c4d2

i think that is the standard battery not 100% sure tho, its the standard one for the pulse adrenaline so probably is.

Reply to this Topic
codewahn

Jan 13

codewahn says:

battery

ok so i seen this http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/partno_HJTX7LFP.php?i=QM125GY

quite expensive but i know its small enough to fit. tho my only concern is that its a 6ah and standard is 9? would that still run the bike normally?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

terminals

I can`t help you anymore but remember the + -- terminals to be in the same position as yours if it`s correct. Also 9 ah.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Right battery.

• You'll find three choices. Identify it's "Year of Manufacture", not year of registration, (-although the 08-10 and the 11 look to be identical in the battery department. Double check that).
  • Scroll down to Electrical.
  • Now you have a choice of four batteries. For dimensions hover over the Information symbol.
  • The cheapo pattern jobby is 150mm x 87mm x 105mm which must, by definition, be the standard size.
  • The Yuasa and the Motobatt (-both good makes) have the same dimensions as the pattern battery so they should fit.
The Yuasa battery is a YTX9-BS which you can also get at Halfords. They might even fit it for you, or you could ask them to take a battery out to your bike and see if it will fit.

If not pre-filled, filling with acid is easy because tne acid comes in a cartridge which plugs in and just drips into the battery. My local bike shop does this for me, especially on batteries which sit at an angle/ on one side in the bike (so they know it won't leak), and they give it a topping-up charge as well.

All this assumes you have a standard size battery box/cage. Best bet is to buy from a bike shop and let them decide what you need.

Reply to this Topic
codewahn

Jan 13

codewahn says:

wires

that  YTX9-BS would probably fit but there is  allways some sort of problem,  the wires seem to only reach if the negative is on the left and i don't know if the previous owner has re routed the wires, i cant seem to make them go anywhere else. the battery bay is H135mm W83-85mm L145mm

thinking about it wouldnt i be able to get some sort of extention cable for the wires then i wont need to worry where the terminals are

but im guessing my best bet is paying the extra bit of cash and getting one of these
http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/partno_HJTX7LFP.php?i=QM125GY

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Lion

The Lion battery is smaller capacity so will go flat quicker when the bike is standing. If you have an alarm and /or leave it long periods then it could be a problem, and when lion batteries go flat they're dead. The lower Ah wouldn't be a problem when running. The CCA (cold cranking amps) spec is important-  needs comparing with the standard lead-acid battery to ensure it will crank OK. 

Reply to this Topic
codewahn

Jan 13

codewahn says:

battery

after reading your post i had another quick look and came across this
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MotoBatt-QuadFlex-MB9U-Battery-for-a-Yamaha-SR-125-All-Models-1982-2003-/140778664933?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20c70ff3e5

the battery box is H135mm H83mm L145mm
battery is H133mm W76mm L136mm
it has 4 terminals
so i think this would be the best battery to get?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Check the battery orientation.

If you're still in doubt then no, a punt on a battery from eBay for a different bike isn't your best bet.

I think you might have had a point earlier on regarding battery orientation. You need to find out whether the battery is supposed to sit upright or on its side (-a sealed battery so no leaks). I found this diagram but the battery orientation still isn't clear, it could go either way. The battery holder is surprisingly complicated. I don't know if the rubber sleeve (also in Jaffa's eBay link) is optional, probably not. If your owner's manual is no help ask a Sinnis Apache owner on one of the Chinese-bike websites about orientation of the standard battery.

Reply to this Topic
codewahn

Jan 13

codewahn says:

battery

i made a 3d paper template and thought it wasn't going to fit that i would have to side mount it but i forgot to take into account for the bracket, the battery sticks out and the bracket holds it then the fairing goes over it, its a strange design

that diagram is rite thats how the battery holder is placed onto the bike.
from what ive seen with them batteries on e-bay they title them that they are for a certain bike but then the same battery is titled for another bike think its just to make it more noticeable, i just search the battery model. the motobatt battery that is apparently for the sinnis is too big so i dont think it matters if i get a smaller one, tho im a utter noob when it comes to bike mechanics lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices