Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lra1000

Sep 12

lra1000 says:

Bike-related Internship

Hello Guys and Gals, 

My name is Louie Amphlett and I am currently studying Product Design at Brighton university. As of June onwards, I will be looking to undertake a period of work experience (from 6 to 12 months) with a design-related company, worldwide. My passion for bikes has led me to search for placement opportunities within the field of motorcycling. The intention of this post was to ask for suggestions or recommendations as to companies worth applying to, or opportunities which any of you helpful people may know of. The firm does not necessarily need to have a formal internship program. I am also very keen to try work abroad, so any options under the sun are favourable!  I am already aware of interships available at Triumph - which I will be applying to. Thank you for your time and I appreciate any suggestions you can think of. 

Best regards and safe riding, 

Louie Amphlett

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 January 2013 15:12)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Bike design internship

Take the number of motorcycle manufacturers X, multiply that number by Y - the number of new bike designs released each year.

Take this number and multiply it by 0 because if you're asking on forums and doing no legwork yourself you'll be nothing but a liability. then -1 because you don't know any of this anyway.

That is your chance of pulling this off.

Fucking kids at uni.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Annnd to prove it's easy

Manufacturers - big 4 Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda are out of the picture. That leaves in the UK - Norton (Nope lol) and Triumph. 

In Europe that leaves Moto Guzzi, KTM, Ducati, Benelli, BMW, MV Augusta and Piaggio if you like scooters.

Finally Harley in the US.

Was that so hard kiddo?

Reply to this Topic
lra1000

Sep 12

lra1000 says:

Great Suggestion

Rotop - Phew, that was a great effort you went to, in order to patronize me. I am well aware of the main bike manufacturers. Also i'm aware of the slim chance of finding a placement with any of them. But you never know until you try. 

"asking on forums and doing no legwork yourself you'll be nothing but a liability". My attempt at asking on forums is hardly my one and only effort. I was merely asking for useful suggestions. In the meantime i'm sure you can find someone else's post to rain a condescending shit-shower on. 

Oh and by the way, you spelled MV "Augusta" wrong. Its Agusta.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Effort

Those posts literally took all of a minute or two to write.

Moron

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices