You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Left Arm Dissability

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

1ArmBandit

Jan 13

1ArmBandit says:

Left Arm Dissability

I have limited use of my left arm/hand and need the left switchgear swaped over with the right and vice versa. I have a zx6r ninja f3. Can i just move them and use the throttle housing as the choke housing and vice versa?,

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 January 2013 21:20)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

swop

Welcome 1ABandit,anything is possible,a choke housing can be replaced with a stiff lever for the cable,but you can shut that off before riding.Also you could have a twistgrip lock for when signalling/high/low beam switch,horn i never use only at m.o.t.

Q,can you use the clutch lever?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Left arm Disability

Hi 1ArmBandit and welcome to the site :smile

Check this out.

http://www.nabd.org.uk/adaptions/arms.htm

http://www.nabd.org.uk/index.htm

just click on the above to read.

Is your disability due to a bike accident?

Good Luck will post anymore info i find.

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
1ArmBandit

Jan 13

1ArmBandit says:

swop

Thanks jaffa, I can use the clutch, but may need velcro if i plan to exceed 100mph. Was thinking of getting a separate throttle housing and switchgear and the same for choke. Just need to find suitable items.

Reply to this Topic
1ArmBandit

Jan 13

1ArmBandit says:

Left Arm Dissability

Thanks kcmc, appreciate all the help. I have joined NABD, but not found info to do adaptions. I think i may have to get the pro's to do it.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

NABD

Try ringing their office. They only have two full time people so getting answers can take some time. If you join (£20) you get the magazine Open House. which usually has a full list, with photo's of all the adaptations they approve (and  a couple they don't). Also normally have lots of "how I did it myself" write ups. You don't have to buy through them. The are contact details for all the suppliers included in the list of parts you can buy. Ae you sure all this ino isn't on their web site? I had a feeling I've seen it there.

Join anyway. You can still be a member, even if you're not disabled at all.

Reply to this Topic
1ArmBandit

Jan 13

1ArmBandit says:

NABD

Thanks Beelady,

I joined NABD late last year, i called an engineers no. locally and it turned out his brother who did the adaptions had recently died. I felt rather bad for calling and reminding the man, he was nice though, but did not do the work anymore.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices