Skip to content

Discuss This Stage 14: Despres takes Dakar win number five Off road

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Off road > Stage 14: Despres takes Dakar win number five

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Stage 14: Despres takes Dakar win number five

Frenchman Cyril Despres dreams of winning his fifth Dakar in eight years became a reality when the factory KTM rider secured victory in Santiago today. The 38 year old finished 14th position on the delayed final stage, but after losing only 3m58s to stage winner Francisco Lopez he did enough to secure the victory.Even without long time rival Marc Coma...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 January 2013 02:53)

Post a message in Off road

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Huh?

So he won the world's toughest endurance race, during which he had to change the bike's engine on his own. Is this guy Superman? Extraordinary.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Proper legend..

..I've been following this years race with my jaw fixed firmly to the floor. Aside from the skill level these guys have, the human endurance required is mind blowing. These are the Shackleton's and Scott's of motorcycle racing and deserve esteemed recognition. Amazing thoughtful and disciplined ride by Despres, fully deserving his 5th victory.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Eurosport home of the motorbike?????

Great event. Pity about the abysmal tv coverage.

Reply to this Topic
mykbike

Aug 10

mykbike says:

well done MCN

appreciate the efforts of Michael Guy to bring us up to date with events with the British riders...well done. and congratulations to all the brits especially Craig Bounds who completed the race with major injury to this back...

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Sort it out Eurosport

Truly great event - too bad Eurosport couldn't stick to their own schedule. Kept either getting snooker or tennis instead...

Reply to this Topic
NoddieGee

Jan 13

NoddieGee says:

Dakar WOW factor 10+

I've been following this event for may years now and despite the fact that the media coverage has always been poor I have to congratulate MCN (especially Michael Guy) for there great effort. I just hope that this will be an annual thing and not just a 1-off. And, I also hope that MCN will utilize their new channel to give us some video reporting to add to the audio. Do i get and AYE? As for the official Dakar web site, I suggest that you don't bother with the crap coverage any more, cos you 30 second clips are more of a tease than anything so ... STUFF IT!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle