Skip to content

Ask an Expert Wanted honda cbr125 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Wanted honda cbr125

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Hafeez125cbr

Jan 13

Hafeez125cbr says:

Wanted honda cbr125

Hi guys I'm all new to this forum (first time I've joined a forum). I've just passed my CBT and I'm looking to buy my first ever bike (Honda 125cbr). My budget is around £800-£900. Does anyone have or they know someone who's selling one. Pls help need one for commuting to and from work 

Thanks 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 January 2013 04:51)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Wanted

You`ll be lucky to get one at that price,it`ll be about £1100/£1200 for a decent one.

Also have considered insurance costs?

Reply to this Topic
Hafeez125cbr

Jan 13

Hafeez125cbr says:

Wanted Honda cbr 125

Hi thanks for reply, I have been looking around, have seen couple of decent ones for £900, and yh also have checked insurance, it's affordable, £120 a year. So if you know anyone selling one, do let me know pls.

Thank you

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

£120

for insurance,i thought you was a teenager.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Hafeez125cbr

Jan 13

Hafeez125cbr says:

Wanted

Teenager! Lol.. I'm 28 yrs old( I no left it bit too late but hey). That was the first thing I checked up on, cheaper Than running a car, I've found one cbr 125 for £900 in Nottingham, the guy said its got previous mot but he hasn't got no service history ( said he serviced himself). Hasn't dropped it or no scuff on bike, he's customised it, changing the panels from black to white. Looks and sounds good but have to see it to believe it, any tips when viewing the bike?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

buying

Make sure the guy who`s selling the bike owns it,ask him if it`s been a write off as in cat c/d.

Visually check for leaks,

Worth paying for a full service if you buy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hafeez125cbr

Jan 13

Hafeez125cbr says:

Wanted

Yh that's the one in white, only thing I'm worried about is he's changed it from black to white, maybe he had a crash and to hide the damage, he's changed the panels! How can I check if the bikes been in an accident other than asking him and checking for damage. Another thing is the mileage, is 24000 a high mileage for a honda? Do the engine last long on these?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

H.P.I.

& Insurance check,last time i did one was at a dealer (any) they pay  annually for theres,i slipped him a fiver and he even game me a print out.

Mileage is slightly above average but if maintained no problem.

This bike will keep its price at £900 for a year or two providing it`s maintained.

Put the number in stolen vehicles & M.I.D. to see if it`s still insured.

Reply to this Topic
Hafeez125cbr

Jan 13

Hafeez125cbr says:

Cbr 125

Hey I've brought my first honda cbr 125 for £700, it's rides fine just needs a new ignition switch and a chain, just want to know is it easy to service the bike myself or shall I just take to a garage, what would I need to change if I was to service it myself.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices