You are in... Forums > General > General > Casey oh Casey

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Casey oh Casey

Casey Stoner is set to contest the Dunlop V8 Supercar Series in 2013, the second rung of Australia's touring car ladder. According to The Sunday Mail, the double MotoGP World Champion will make his debut at the Clipsal 500 Adelaide next month.

Stoner, who has long been linked with a move to the V8 Championship, retired from motorcycle racing's top echelon in 2012. After testing for Triple Eight Racing last December, the former Ducati and Repsol Honda rider is now in line to race a Holden VE Commodore in the feeder category, competing with his traditional #27.

Casey Stoner
Casey Stoner

"Since I was twelve, I've always been interested in it," said Stoner, who will drive one of V8 veteran Jamie Whincup's old cars in the second-tier series. "It was always my plan during my whole career to drive a V8. It's now the new chapter in my career but I have to be realistic and see if we're capable of doing anything."

Stoner added that thoughts over a MotoGP return have not entered his mind, with the Australian still feeling comfortable about his decision to leave the sport.

"I've got no thoughts whatsoever at this time of ever even thinking of coming back to Grand Prix racing," explained the 27-year-old, who claimed 38 victories in MotoGP. "I'm not changing my mind every couple of minutes. The money doesn't interest me."

The 2013 Clipsal 500 meeting takes place over four days from 28 February to 3 March, consisting of two 250 kilometre races at the famous street circuit.

And Vale we'll see.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 January 2013 17:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

well that

was always going to happen, but thought he might do a few 'guest' races this year and start full time in 2014.   Must admit I like watching the Aussie V8's....Bathurst 500 is one for the 'to see' list........:smile

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Will he start...

bleating like a girl if the other drivers are "too rough"with him?For a non contact sport Aussie V8's has a lot of contact. 

Reply to this Topic
alpha3

Aug 06

alpha3 says:

Casey Moaner

Do me a favour, this tw*t will moan if anyone comes within half a lap of him ("ooooh thier too close, thier so ruff, he passed me too close..!) look how he threw his dummy out the pram when simo passed him...

Shut up Casey you kn*b, you should have tried WSB they would eat you alive... and teach you how to ride competatively with other riders on the track who want to win as well

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle