Skip to content

Ask an Expert Licence Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Licence

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Sep 12

Posts: 3

adieboy says:


I had my Cat A removed from my licence sometime between 1980 and 1995 (digital removal) I couldn't prove I had the test because I quit biking for a long time and so took my test recently under the old system. I want to take the test for unrestricted riding. What do I have to complete for the new unrestricted Licence?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 13:24)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Dec 10

Posts: 12022

preunit says:

Hi Adie and welcome

Being over 24? then it ain't too bad :unsure:

You'll need to do...

1:- A CBT

2:- A Theory Test

3:- A Mod 1 Test on a 600cc/40kw bike

4:- A Mod 2 Test on a 600cc/40kw bike

In that order.

Yeah i know a right faff, blame the EEC's Eurotards :mad:

Good luck and ride safe.



Reply to this Topic


Mar 11

Posts: 171

tc330 says:

Slightly better news

If you already have full, but restricted licence then you don't have to do cbt or theory again. If you have full DAS licence then you' re home free  :lol:

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices