Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

Ben Spies has been backed to bounce back from a nightmare 2012 MotoGP campaign when he jumps on Ducati’s unforgiving Desmosedici this year. The Texan suffered a wretched second season in Yamaha’s official factory squad last year when a combination of rotten luck and unforced errors saw him slump to a disastrous 10th in the final championship standings. The 2009 World Superbike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 14:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bleedin' 'eck

put the Malibu bottle away CCB.  Did you cut and paste that shit from "50 shades"?

Anyway I gather what you're saying is you need balls to ride the Duke. Correct.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

lol nostro

You know exactly what i mean....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

This is a Ducati collective

The only rider of the four who strikes me as ego driven is the least senior one - Crazy Joe. I'm inclined to agree with you on him Eddl.

Ducati need to make up for two wasted years. Outside of the two plus one (Marquez) Aliens they have probably the two next best riders. No room for preaching, squawking divas dictating their terms of employment and the advantages they must have over others. Time for them all to do their bit, stand up and be counted. It's in Corse best interest to support them all the best they can.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

bollocks Nostro

I know you hate Rossi, to to suggest Spies ranks above him after HIS last two years of failure is pretty pathetic even by your standards. 88 points in a WHOLE season on the championship winning bike? he finished the first 9 races before he fell apart like a cheap watch.. there was 175 points up for grabs in them. Like a thai lady boy, he may look walk and talk like a women, but he's still got a dick.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Spies to bounce back?.not own that Ducati ,patience ,he,ll be on a Suzuki next year

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ccb

For sure Ben had a nightmare season but who'd have predicted it? No-one is my guess.

Equally, who'd have predicted Vales dismal failure? (Apart from those, without blinkers, who see clearer?)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

And as for anyone who thinks 'info/parts' etc won't be shared.......................is this really VeeDubs/Audis remit? Like fuck. They want to win, period.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

He just wasnt good enough

Pacey, two seasons on top equipment and has never made the grade. One race when Lorenzo got knock off my super sic is what the Spies myth is bult on. He wasnt unlucky last year, he just isnt good enough at this level. Christ Rossi has had a nightmare two years at Ducati and is being labeled a mid packer. Yet has spent most of the last two years well ahead of Spies. How does that make Spies a contender???

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

CCB - maybe elbowz is in hibernation for the moment.

i'm not a massive Spies fan, and he's on a make-or-break ride for me in 2013.  if he can't make a decent fist of it against the likes of Hayden and Dovi (elbowz and his ilk would tell us that Spies is a better rider than those two) but especially Iannone, then his longer term GP career will be in doubt.  a good midfield finish for no. 11 i'm sure, but as others have pointed out, he's on a satellite bike (despite what Ducati would lead us to believe) so Hayden and Dovi will get all the new developments first.

then again, he may become the next Melandri ....

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The suggestion from some quarters is that Suzuki's return and assuming Spies is signed by them will somehow create a super dream team.  Suzuki's return is unlikely to set MotoGP on fire and if Spies fails to prove himself in 2013 why would they even want him? Suzuki will certainly be behind Honda and Yamaha in terms of development and probably behind the (possibly) emerging Ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle