Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

Ben Spies has been backed to bounce back from a nightmare 2012 MotoGP campaign when he jumps on Ducati’s unforgiving Desmosedici this year. The Texan suffered a wretched second season in Yamaha’s official factory squad last year when a combination of rotten luck and unforced errors saw him slump to a disastrous 10th in the final championship standings. The 2009 World Superbike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 14:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

At the end of the day

Theres no mugs out there, and despite the wind ups ,Spies is alot better than last season. he should be a solid top five or six

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ccb

How does that make Spies a contender???

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jlo getting knocked off was a blessing for many that day, they all moved up a position. If you remember the race, Ben had a red hot Stoner behind and chasing him down. Ben matched Casey lap for lap. Casey upped the ante and Ben responded every single time. A fantastic ride. 

How many riders have been realistic 'contenders' aside from the 'aliens' in the past umpteen seasons? How many different  race winners have we had in the past umpteen seasons? Ben is worthy of a 'decent' seat at this level, imo.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

what i fear and no one wants, is duke to get pissed off with playing and losing and to pack up and go home in a couple of years, let's hope they make progress and have some success

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Pacey

Agreed he's no mug, but lets put it in to prespective, why is he still being rated as one to watch? he had his chance and didnt make it, Dovi was written off as not good enough with far better results than Ben so why the second chance? He needs a massive season which IMO he doesnt have in him. a solid top five or six rider most of the time. But at this level thats hardly poor is it.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

I mean I hate Rossi....

But there is no way I would suggest that spies is a better rider than him, that said I think spies will be top ducati this year, dovi is the new melandri in waiting. Would love to be a fly on the wall during dovi's late season sessions with the shrink,

Dovi - All through my career people have never appreciated me, I am always the underdog.

Shrink - Do you think that is because you are a jerk who lacks any semblance of charisma?

Dovi - Charisma, Nobody in the paddock wears their hat like me.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

TO BE FAIR

He can't really go any lower than the last couple of seasons the ony way is up!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Predict Fireworks in the Junior Ducati Team

The relationship here will be more disfunctional than factory yamaha, another italian with an over inflated opinion of himself vs spies mom. lol

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

My bad

My maths was a little off earlier Spies finished the first 9 races which is 225 not 175 points available from those races. Unlucky last year? what a load of crap

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Danny Kent releases first single....

An interpretetation of Fountains of Waynes hit "Stacies mom" titled "Spies MoM", hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies

Wonder what excuse Rossi will come up with when Spies passes him?????????' Suppose he will say it was his bike "development" that did it!! Haha! Lol!!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle