Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

Ben Spies has been backed to bounce back from a nightmare 2012 MotoGP campaign when he jumps on Ducati’s unforgiving Desmosedici this year. The Texan suffered a wretched second season in Yamaha’s official factory squad last year when a combination of rotten luck and unforced errors saw him slump to a disastrous 10th in the final championship standings. The 2009 World Superbike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 14:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

As much as I admire the bloke, if he couldn't pull it off on a top level Yamaha, I doubt he'll be able to do so on a 2nd rate Duc.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Spies beat up

all the Brits in WSBK and left for real competition. The Brits proceeded to lower his set bar to gain entrance into MotoGP.

Spies has poled and won 1 race already against the best. Brits line up to shine his shoes hoping some of his magic rubs off on them.

Winning is so 40 years ago for them Brits.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Milky

And whilst Spies failed totally last season, Brit Cal Crutchlow spanked him all over the place on a satelite bike, Lit up Qualifying and made him look a clown. And Crutchlows season didnt go that well......

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bottle.

After all the hype he's been a disappointment..and I can't see things improving on the Ducati unfortunately.

Nobody is expecting him to get on the podium regular but he needs to regain some of the lost reputation and certainly needs to finish above Hayden if he wants to extend his stay in GP with credibility and kill off the passport jibes.

More importantly perhaps, he needs to to impress with his desire and show a bit of fight.

One win and a pole is way below what was expected by everyone in three years on top machinery.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

wosi

The issue for the Spies fans is accepting his Moto GP career just has not lived up to the hype. Granted the lad has shown the odd glimpse of what he is capable of, but it is just the odd one, and in three years.

Toseland who in his final year in Moto GP score more points than Spies did last year. was ridiculed as useless by the vast majority in here, yet now we're expected to swallow that Spies was just unlucky?

The tech3 bike of the time was way behind the factory stuff of the same age,  Spies has the cream of the field in his favour last year, he just wasdnt good enough to use it.

I understand Nostros point thats Spies loose style may work ok with the Ducati but , it still IMO will end up been one decent race and six in the gravel trap. Even Stoner could get the Ducati to work all the time so how the heli is a failed rider like Spies  supposed to have the answers?

Its a shame, we need more riders fighting at the front and part of me hopes Ben proves be wrong, but i doubt it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I agree CCB.

I don't buy into all this bad-luck horse-shit either..you make your own luck.

Ben crashed the bike in Qatar and his crew didn't pick up the cracked sub-frame. By the time the swingarm bolt sheared and the engine went pop in America, Yamaha had decided to let him go.

Jarvis spelled out what was required before the season started and there were a good few of his fans moaning that the pressure placed on him by airing it publicly was wrong? Fkin diddums.

The bottom line is his head went down and his Mother screamed around the paddock blaming everyone but little Bennywenny.

This game is 95% in the head at their level. Some deal with it others don't.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Brits still evasive

why the fuck they can't measure up to getting a Factory ride. Why they can't produce the stuff at season's end to claim a factory ride legitimately because their performance spoke brillance.

Instead we see them send old Tony Blair, and David Cameron  to make the case for shit riders who ain't won shit in a long, long, looonnngggg time to get a spot in Motogp.

What a useless set of fuck to be riding for 40 years with no wins.

Gimme Spies any day. Yippie ka ya mutha fucka.We got a WC in 2006, a WSBK WC in 2009 and a win in 2011. Top that slow pokes!!!........I guess not, so now you wait for the Aliens to get old and retire. LOL One already did it and only a few to go by 2022. LOL

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"This game is 95% in the head at their level. Some deal with it others don't."

So do you have to be mentally fragile to get your head around riding the Ducati?... it's just you accuse Stoner of it all the time yet he was the only one who could win on the Duc... perhaps spies is the man after all...

:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

LOL milky

Away from the established stars (and i include Dovi in that) the one rider to show the genuine pace to trouble the front runners consistently. He never faded backwards like the the sad and dejected figure the was Spies did he? No the pushed hard ,ran at the front end, Yes made mistakes and crashed too often, but still show true pace all year. Give him a American passport and he would be sat on a factory seat now.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Soz man

But if you look at the resume of all our American riders......well the have to acquire their Masters before attending the Motogp school. The Brits come with their O level GCE's and a B or C at that.

Then they make big propaganda about small gains and everyone think they are cheering a World Champion caliber Brit rider until they season's end and they find out that their Blump (Brit + Lump) have placed 12th in 2011 and 7th in 2012.

They then sit up and say, "What the fuck we were going mad, cheering wildly for, eh"......"Our chap is shit, really".

Reality is a bitch. A 6th, a 5th or a 10th is what we Americans are cheering wildly for......and it includes a win!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices