Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies tipped to bounce back in 2013

Ben Spies has been backed to bounce back from a nightmare 2012 MotoGP campaign when he jumps on Ducati’s unforgiving Desmosedici this year. The Texan suffered a wretched second season in Yamaha’s official factory squad last year when a combination of rotten luck and unforced errors saw him slump to a disastrous 10th in the final championship standings. The 2009 World Superbike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 14:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Milky milky

Last season Satelite Yamaha Dovi, 6 podiums 218 points. Factory Yamaha 0 podiums 88 points....Careers Dovi 1 win 22 podiums, Spies 1 win 6 podiums....... Next hopeless quip?

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Errrr...

I don't think so milky tits! Are you stupid milky!? Is it time to get some bitty off of your overweight mom! you're not thinking straight! If you compare the statistics from when Dovi and Spies raced together Dovi has had 20 podiums, compared to what?? 6 from Ben. Dovi got his first win after a year in the the premier class as did Spies. If you compare the 3 seasons they have been racing against each other Dovi has owned Spies. They have both been on superior equipment for 2 seasons and have both been on sat bike for a season since they have been racing against each other so, dont give me that best equipped bike crap! Spies has been a major let down, everyone was expecting big things from him and he has not delivered, your mummys boy is trailing dovi mate by, i would say... mmm.... 14 podiums and 212 points across 3 seasons. Seeing as though Ben has only ever score 176 points total in a season, i think thats a pretty tall order for him on the Duc next season.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

ummm

how many wins for Dovi again in 5 years? and how many poles in his 3 years on the great Honda factory bike? Lol

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

ummm

How many wins for spies in the last 3 seasons? how many poles in the last 3 seasons? Also how many crashes did spies have this season? How many podiums did Dovi get on a tech 3 bike this season? Face it momma spies magic bitty juice has dried up, sore cracked nipples ent gonna help him on that duke!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Dovi/Spies

How many wins apiece ? One each at last count. So what ? New venture,new bike for the pair of them. May the breath of fresh air 2013 within Ducati smile fondly upon them both.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

a disastrous 10th in the final championship standings.

Can't see him improving this year. Riding last years bike for Pramac. Hardly the best team on the grid. I think he'll struggle to beat the C.R.T.s

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

He's my tip!

Its a full factory Ducati he will be on that will be updated along with Hayden's and he'll do well - definately podiums and probably one or two wins. I'd put money on it. I'd also put money on it that the Spies and Rossi haters on here, and there are many, are going to have a crap year eating humble pie and putting on lots of weight lol.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

In his last season

A genius like Stoner only managed to win three races, after he had signed for Honda for the following season and adopted a bin it or win it approach for the rest of the year in 2010. Ducati have been left way behind with lack of development compared to Honda and Yamaha. Given that Spies couldnt lace Stoners boots, how the feck is the big jessie gonna win at least one race next year.????

Reply to this Topic
spitfire74

Jan 12

spitfire74 says:

It's between the ears

Don't forget that everyone on the GP grid is a great rider. Being a great rider requires you to have mental strength, but ANYONE with Spies' luck last year would definitely have their confidence knocked. Now, Spies has a new start in front of him. And while he's on a bear of a bike, at least he has the support from his new bosses and a fresh start to content with. I imagine this will weigh well on his mind and having a good mental disposition leads to confidence. Confidence leads to speed on the track. Elbowz isn't washed up. He's a ferocious competitor. Let's hope the best for him. The more riders doing well on the grid, the more entertaining the series becomes.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Spitfire

To be washed up you have to have made it in the first place. Ben didnt. His passport bought him that factory seat. He's got to be the worse ever factory rider on the the best equipment after last season. It was embarrassing...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices