Skip to content

KTM KTM 1190 Adventure vs 990 adventure: The specs 1190 ADVENTURE

You are in... Forums > KTM > 1190 ADVENTURE > KTM 1190 Adventure vs 990 adventure: The specs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

KTM 1190 Adventure vs 990 adventure: The specs

When KTM first announced their new adventure bike with a 200cc capacity hike, there was concern in the MCN office that it would just be another oversize adventure bike and lose the lightweight and agile handling of the former 990. With a smaller capacity and a 21in front wheel, the old KTM's off-road credentials were the very thing that separated it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 16:15)

Post a message in 1190 ADVENTURE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

45MM..

less suspension travel than the 990, so it's gonna lose out a bit in the off road stakes.

But as these bikes get bigger/heavier then the less likely they'll ever be used off road :shock:

So a ruffty tuffty comfy road bike then :unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

bet its a perky bugger though

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

990 V'S 1190

I've tried and tried looking at the new bike from all angles, but i just can't fall in love with the new looks.

I'm afraid KTM have tried to go the route of Triumph and Ducati, and they have watered down what was

a production bike desert racer in the looks department.:upset:

The 990R especially in the orange/blue and black/white colour schemes looked ace.

Apart from the new front radial calipers and the engine the 1190 looks crap, as is that hideous swingarm and exhaust.

Nah,put the radial calipers and the 1190 engine in the 990R bike and i'll be happy, oh and a bigger rear tyre please.:hmmm:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle