Skip to content

Ask an Expert Data tool system 3 Alarm woes Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Data tool system 3 Alarm woes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Data tool system 3 Alarm woes

Hi all,

I've recently bought a bike with a Datatool system 3 alarm and immobiliser fitted to it. I've now started experiencing difficulties with it as when I arm it, the siren goes off after about 5 seconds. The only way to stop this happening is to leave it workshop mode.... Which completely defeats the object of having an alarm in the first place.

Has anyone had this type of trouble or do you have any advice ?.... I've got a mind to take the dam thing off totally !!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 18:03)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

alarm...

If it was mine, the alarm would be in the bin  :lol:  More trouble than they are worth.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Alarm.

When you disarm it how many beeps does it give? (Diagnostics, page 9 of the manual).

Also check the underseat trigger-switch. It should have a sprung metal lever across it but they can snap off.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Beeps

It gives 2 beeps when it disarms..I can't locate a trigger switch,?.

I wonder how much a dealer would charge to remove it ?.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Alarm.

I believe the trigger switch isn't always fitted, so not to worry.

Have you checked your bike's fuses?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Alarm / Problems started

have you considered these two problems are related?

had trouble with my 916 many years ago getting it to start,it would cut out without warning and drain the battery all the time. turned out it was the alarm, disconected that and it all worked fine from that point! therein lies your problem i beleive!

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Diablere

Yes... I've got the feeling you're right... I'm on it tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.... 

Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Two beeps is a power failure indication, and you have starting problems on another thread. Before you go tearing wires out of the loom and junking an expensive alarm check the bike's fuses first. It's cheaper and easier! I reckon alot of "alarm problems" are due to other issues.

My ZX6's 10+ year-old Datatool System 3 is still going strong. I've also got a Meta alarm on the R1. I like alarms.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Ah right

I've got the bike on my Optimate and I'll give it a try tomorrow... Any issues and the dealer said they'll fit a new battery first, then take it from there..... I'm now glad I bought from a dealer !!!.

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Got rid of my DT3

Thing is, I didn't know how to stop the damn thing alarming after I'd disconnected it. It was still sqwarking at me so I dropped it in a bucket of water. 2 hours later it was still going!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices