Skip to content

General Does a Speed Triple have a fuel tap switch ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Does a Speed Triple have a fuel tap switch ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Does a Speed Triple have a fuel tap switch ?

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty starting my Speed Triple all of a sudden...... I've got it plugged into an Optimate charger...but even with a full charge, the dam thing won't start now ?....

I was wondering if the triple has a fuel line switch ?... I've searched for one and even resorted to looking at the manual and there doesn't seem to be ?!?!??,....

Arghhhh !!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 January 2013 18:06)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Depends

do you know the age of the battery, cold weather will kill a slightly sick battery in no time.

If you have a multimeter test the battery to see what the voltage is, after charging and allowed to stand for an hour should read about 13+volts.

Try a few starts, even if the bike is not willing, and then retest the battery voltage, if it is lower than 13 volts replace the battery.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Battery

I've had a chat with the dealer, I've said I'll sticknt on the Optimate for another day.... If this doesn't work, a new battery will get fitted... 

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

the very

bitter cold we have had recently would wipe the floor with an ailing battery, anything more than two days on the optimate and no change, demand a new battery.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Optimate.

Optimate smart chargers are the best you can get though, so if it's saying the battery is holding a full charge it's good, no?

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Battery

It's saying full.... But as soon as info to start it, it's turns over quite slowly, doesn't fire.. Then the starter turns slower... I give up by then as I don't want to knacker anything... I'll keep you informed...

The dealer was helpful on the phone...so, lets see what happens.. 

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"-it's turns over quite slowly, doesn't fire.. Then the starter turns slower..."

Oh, in that case it does sound like a duff battery. Maybe I've too much regard for the Optimate's abilities!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Battery

It's saying full" What voltameter reading?

Copy and paste smidget's post..

"do you know the age of the battery, cold weather will kill a slightly sick battery in no time.

If you have a multimeter test the battery to see what the voltage is, after charging and allowed to stand for an hour should read about 13+volts.

Try a few starts, even if the bike is not willing, and then retest the battery voltage, if it is lower than 13 volts replace the battery."

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

goldenboy

Battery

It's saying full.... But as soon as info to start it, it's turns over quite slowly, doesn't fire.. Then the starter turns slower... I give up by then as I don't want to knacker anything...

You are going to knacker your Sprag clutch if you carry on trying to start it with a duff battery.

Then you'll be into big bucks.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices