Skip to content

Discuss This Ice denies hundreds last chance to take old bike test General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ice denies hundreds last chance to take old bike test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ice denies hundreds last chance to take old bike test

Ice and snow denied hundreds of riders their last chance to get a bike licence before new rules came in on Saturday. The Driving Standards Agency said 514 on-road riding tests were cancelled between Monday and Thursday of last week.  Because the new rules raised the minimum riding ages, the setback will mean some people having to wait years longer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 13:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

All of this comes from Brussels. All of it.

They chose the idiotic date, the categories, the definitions.  Don't blame the DfT or the DSA, they have almost no wiggle room at all.

Well, they do.  They could just ignore it.  Unsourced, but intardtubes rumours do say that States that never bothered with the requirements of the previous tranch of idiocy and just hand out licenses based on whatever criteria they like are being fined in the region of 100K Euros a year.  That's a tiny fraction of what our Mod 1 centres cost us.

So, we're ruled by fools in Brussels and cowards in Westminster.  What a world, what a world.

Older riders are of course effected.  There's no option to get a proper license on your own 125, so you'll have to pay a training school.  Midgets, beanpoles and other assorted feebles who can't handle a 500 or 600 are just flat out stuffed, even if they only wanted to ride a 250.

Since it will have the sum total of sod all effect on biker safety - other than to put people off getting a license at all - we can expect a 4th Directive, and a 5th and as many as it takes to achieve "Vision Zero" - no road fatalities at all.  Bikes have no place in that vision.

Reply to this Topic
jerryd

May 06

jerryd says:

Well if this is what future's like in the EU I'm out. Though I past my test in '76 - Makes me angry that people who have paid & booked, are now denied that booked test, irrespective of deadline . So basically have to start again, except they now face additional tests. What a load of...

Reply to this Topic
Dr Mengle

Apr 03

Dr Mengle says:

Double Standards Agency

They're not sorry, I deal with this ignorant, arrogant organisation every working day. If it was a private company, it would be bankrupt within days. The best thing that this government could do is to privatise testing. tests would be carried out 7 days a week. Those people with tests that were booked, should be given the chance to take them.

Go on DSA, give yourselves another charter mark for customer care!!!

Reply to this Topic
arbg92

Oct 05

arbg92 says:

Well said Dr. Mengle.. They are very quick to promote the customer charter, not so the poor customer service they offer. A local bike cafe has one or two bike examiners and I know when speaking to them, the word with the majority of the bike examiners is utter disbelief at this new directive. It has been pushed through with Schools not knowing from one day to the next where they stand. Total disregard for customers and the switch over date. There should have been a sub clause which allowed anyone whose test was cancelled a further timescale. The cut off period remained for those not already in the process. Only one problem, this is common sense and management at DSA seem lacking in this..!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices