Skip to content

Discuss This Does the inconvenience of wrapping yourself up for winter outweigh the benefit of riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Does the inconvenience of wrapping yourself up for winter outweigh the benefit of riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Does the inconvenience of wrapping yourself up for winter outweigh the benefit of riding?

Base layer. Heated vest. Jacket. Goretex. Socks. Boots. Inner gloves, then outers. Buff, or balaclava. Getting ready to go out on your bike in this weather often isn't the most straightforward task, if you're layering up against the cold. It's a lot of kit to wear, let alone to find somewhere to store and dry it all out again! Having to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 14:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

The inconvenience of being stuck in traffic for an extra 45 minutes and paying £20 to park the car far outweighs the hassle of sticking on a neck-tube and turning on the heated-grips.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ snev

I could get your ‘Busa out the driveway after screwing 240 or so carbide studs into the tires. But I understand those are not legal in the UK (or much of the US, for that matter).

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ Robell

What is wrong with riding a scooter? Scooters are great fun, even those with puny power to weight ratios (when the weight of the rider is also considered), such as my Honda Elite (aka Lead) 110. But the scooter is too nice to ride in the salt slush, so I take the pick-em-up truck instead (around here bad traffic is more that five vehicles waiting in line at a red light), and gasoline (aka petrol) is $3 per US gallon (or about 0.5£/L).

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

not me

Don`t need to ride in bad weather anymore,it`s no fun at all.four wheels for the winter then two for the summer.

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

no chance

As long as im safe i dont care  , i have my winter jacket and trousers  on , a nice warm jumper  and buff , i wear a one piece waterproof if wet to save trying to dry loads of gear  , i stay off 2 wheels if its bad ice or snow

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices