Skip to content

Discuss This When will you be back on two wheels? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > When will you be back on two wheels?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

When will you be back on two wheels?

Despite a lot of bikers having rode all through the worst of the year's weather, some opted for the car this winter, locking away the bike until spring starts to appear again. But it's almost Febuary and the weather is looking at getting worse instead of better, so a lot of bikes will firmly remain locked away for another few weeks...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 14:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Did all the shit weather riding when I was much younger.Even did 4 Dragon Rallies. Doing a certain amount of bad weather riding makes you a better rider as you learn to stay upright but now I'm a lot older, joints are cracking and the bottle of cod liver oil capsules greet me at breakfast every morning. Biking for me is an enjoyment and my bike is my pride and joy and it only comes out when theres no minus before the temperature and no salt on the road. British roads are shit at the best of times and even worse covered in ice. Roll on France in May!!

Reply to this Topic
Mikey916

Mar 09

Mikey916 says:

I have to ride out

yep bikes are my only transport so I have to get to work on them. though I particularly use my Honda CM 125 to take all the crap...... feet out like ski's and try not to change gear as little as possible in the snow. I must admit my Honda c90 would be better due to the lightness and semi auto box....I just want the flipping snow to go, bring on the summer!

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

I'll be back on motorized two wheels as soon as I can afford a new bike. Sold my last one in summer after I lost my job, so stuck on a bicycle now I've gone back to college :-/

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Paultheexscientist:

I'm kind of puzzled by your username - the EX-scientist?  Retired or former professional scientist maybe, but EX-scientist?  You mean you don't believe in science anymore?

There are surely plenty of deluded religious whack-jobs who've finally opened their eyes, seen the light, woken up and shaken off child-like delusions about fairy tales, sky-spooks and superstition....   but unless you've lost your mind, why would anyone reject (or become an ex-) science?

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

15 degrees and above

so I can wear my shorts and flip flops

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

when the gritters have gone to bed

Long gone are my days of all year round riding. I'll be back on my Bonneville as soon as the council stops gritting the roads and it's a bit warmer. My T100 takes far too long to clean after a ride in this weather lol.

Reply to this Topic
Rotherider

Dec 12

Rotherider says:

When I get a bike

I will be on the road once I get my new bike in March.  But I can't decide between a Kawasaki KLX125 or a WK 125Trail.  Any suggestions guys?  By the way I am 5'10".

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

It's A Toy :))

Well almost. Bikes ceased being my only form of transport some time ago, these days they are for pleasure. That includes pride of ownership, so since it's not neccessary for me to take my lovely bike out in this salty, mucky weather - I don't. As soon as we've had some rain to clean the roads I'll be riding again.

Reply to this Topic
bob9t9

Dec 05

bob9t9 says:

missing an option

Where's the option for 'never stopped riding'?

Reply to this Topic
xXLewisXx

Jun 12

xXLewisXx says:

Tomorrow until 7 days later it has been forecasted to be 5 - 9 degrees with constant rain, the roads shall be clear of snow, ice and salt!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices