Skip to content

Discuss This Is Dovizioso going to humiliate Hayden this year on the Ducati? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is Dovizioso going to humiliate Hayden this year on the Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is Dovizioso going to humiliate Hayden this year on the Ducati?

Last weekend Ducati unveiled their new MotoGP machine at their now-annual press launch, Vroom. Andrea Dovizioso comes across from the Tech 3 Yamaha team to join Nicky Hayden at the Bologna factory. Dovi is already talking big, claiming that he's the man to do what Valentino Rossi failed to do: fix the Desmocedici. Will he manage to do it, taming the unridable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 14:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Huh?

Last time I checked Hayden has a MotoGP World Championship to his name, so no he won't be getting humiliated. Pointless question.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Yea and since he won it done absolute nothing.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Ducati

needs the hard riding style of Stoner or Hayden or Rossi. But then Honda and Yamaha created ridewr aids that put this riding style into 2nd place. Unless Ducati produce a product as balanced as the Yam or Honda, Hayden and Dovi will continue to be a distant also ran.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Dovi

The Tech 3 bikes are the top of the non manufacturers bikes so that flattered Dovi a little last year. Cal could often string a faster lap together than Dovi but usually couldn't pass him during the race and made some self induced errors. If Cal could have gotten better starts and not made the errors last year he may well have been the top privateer rather than Dovi. On that basis I don't think Dovi will set the world on fire on the Ducati for this coming season.

Reply to this Topic
Black955tiger

Jul 08

He'd need to learn to ride like Stoner did to humiliate Hayden. That ain't going to happen quickly if at all. I think it'll be interesting to see how many times he launches it into the scenery before he finds a way to ride the bike.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

Nope - fairly level pegging I'd say

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Last year, Dovi seemed to be a bit of a mobile chicane and held Cal Crutchlow up. Nicky Hayden has the benefit of having ridden the Ducati for a while now, so I think Mr. D may well have his work cut out. I've never heard of him being regarded as a deveopment type of rider, so the new season could be rather interesting. Unless, of course, being an Italian on an Italian bike, he gets a little extra "assistance" ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices