Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: Tyre Pressures General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: Tyre Pressures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You Ask/You Answer: Tyre Pressures

"There's a lot of pub talk about what tyre pressure s you should run. I ride a 2007 GSX-R750 on the road (mainly) and on the track (sometimes). I'm happy with setting track pressures as there's always tyre support there to ask, but for the road everyone says different things. Should I just stick rigidly to tyre manufacturers' recommended pressures?" Your...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 15:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zest4living

Nov 11

zest4living says:

A basic rule is to check your tyre pressures when they are cold. 

Not exact but there and about, I'll give you some PSi pressures for an "average" single rider of 85 kilos, riding a sport bike. I may add or take 1 to 2 PSi according to the weather or type of roads.

F=36 R=38 for normal riding on the road. F=34 R=36 for fast road riding "the summer outlaw rider" and F=30 R=30 for track days. YOU WILL have to experiment and find out your ideal tyre pressures.

What are yours?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Tyre pressures.

In my opinion unless you're using the tyres specified in the bike's manual you should be using the pressures specified for your particular tyre & bike combination on the tyre manufacturer's web-site.

If you're advised to drop tyre pressures for fast riding it's because the heat generated will push them back up to standard pressures (-and standard profile, standard stiffness).

If I'm not happy with the ride comfort or handling I'll tweak the preload, compression and rebound rather than mucking about with tyre pressures.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices