Skip to content

Discuss This No red carpet for Suzuki MotoGP return in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No red carpet for Suzuki MotoGP return in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No red carpet for Suzuki MotoGP return in 2014

Suzuki will not be granted a brand new entry to complete its anticipated return to the MotoGP grid in 2014. Instead the Japanese factory will have to collaborate with an existing team like Aspar, Gresini or BQR, as Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta seeks to gain some stability in the MotoGP world championship. Suzuki intends to be back on the grid next season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 16:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Ezepleta

Take a reality check! Why are yu penalising Suzuki? Sounds to me like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face! In the cream puff because they left before and now want to return? You should be welcoming them with open arms instead of putting obstacles in the way. No wonder Moto GP is in such difficulties if people like you are running it. And who cares what Formula 1 is doing, car racing isn't bike racing, is it? Think it's you that needs to take a sabbatical and let someone else in to run the show, who has got a bit of enthusiasm and not buried in events of the past and gaining some sort of childish revenge. I rest my case. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

and ppl wonder why moto go is dying this is the biggest load of bullshit ive ever heard.the more bikes the better the golden days of bike racing was when there was closer to 30 bikes on the grid that way even if it wa boring at the front theres always a exciting battle further back.they pulled out of the sport because of bullshit rules and now there being penalised for trying to develop a front runner rather than struggle mid pack.and lets be honest none o the staff of the team they tie up with will have a job with the team anyway so all hes doing is costing ppl there jobs.i think he needs to be assesed mentaly with him proudly saying moto gp is where it is today because of the teams in it now.moto go is at its lowest in years its meant to be the blue ribbon event of the weekend but at the moment it is the boring end of day race after the usualy great moto3 and 2 race.the end is nearing for moto go and its down to 1 man

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

it may end up aspar suzuki but it will be a factory team run by suzuki not aspar any1 who thinks otherwise is as unstable as carmelo

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Me thinks....

.....Carmelo should be taken in by the men in white coats, Why would you not let Suzuki back in this year or next as Suzuki? a main team, who experienced money difficulties in 2011 bu now want back in.

Carmelo is a strange childish prick who sounds like he wants motogp run like F1, well if thats true goodbye motogp. F1 is the most boring procession of cars i can think of, it has more rules than a fucking nursery school.

Seriously, someone needs to challenge this idiot before real damage is done to motogp which will become a major turnoff, last season was'nt great, the odd race ok but after that moto2 &3 were the best.

WSBK at the moment is the outright winner but i hear that Carmelo has his sticky little paws in that as well, no wonder Casey fucked off.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

is it just me or has i he just been fooking up gp with all the engine changes and crap racing team sorry crt just waiting for them to mess wsb up

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Having Suzuki back on the grid is better then having them crappy CRT bikes roaming around wasting space.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Stability?

WTF? There are so many ways to poke holes in Carmen's ridiculous logic that it is obvious something else is going on, and most likely it has something to do with him being peeved at Suzuki pulling out last year, and now he sees an opportunity to get his revenge. That sort of pettiness is probably why Ezpeleta's "vision" for motogp hasn't really got much further than him wanting to be as rich as Bernie and getting invitations to Max Mosley's parties.

Suzuki have been racing in MotoGP for 35 of the last 40 years, they hardly have a history of wanting in again then out again. Another factory bringing competitive bikes (as opposed to CRT back markers), money, and sponsorship is exactly what the grid needs, and if you are worried about stability then get them to sign a contract committing to a minimum period with financial penalties for not doing so. Starting from scratch? I suspect suzuki still have a lot of their racing infrastructure in place. MotoGP needs them more than they need MotoGP, I still see a heck of a lot of gixxers out there, 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

The devil wants in --- no way

Whose to say they won't fuck off if they are not competitive ?.Serves them right I say, why trust them again. Let them prove themselves first with a big fat deposit before they are allowed in.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

fair call Uncle Caramel

i happen to agree with what he says, no point giving an open slot to a team that will fluff off if their UNTESTED doesnt cut it with the Honda or Yams??? what if, say, the UNTESTED Suzuki is slower than the CRTS?!??? would they bugger off again to save face??? who knows theyve been outta the game for a year and the goal posts have changed. So fair call from Carmelo !!

off topic but the rule i cant get my head around is the 4 bikes per manufacterer!! if Honda or Yamaha can supply another bike why oh why is it not allowed!!

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Anyone who thinks a factory Suzuki would be slower than a CRT probably inhaled too much exhaust as a kid. They could enter their 800 from 2011 and lap faster.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices