Skip to content

Discuss This No red carpet for Suzuki MotoGP return in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No red carpet for Suzuki MotoGP return in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No red carpet for Suzuki MotoGP return in 2014

Suzuki will not be granted a brand new entry to complete its anticipated return to the MotoGP grid in 2014. Instead the Japanese factory will have to collaborate with an existing team like Aspar, Gresini or BQR, as Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta seeks to gain some stability in the MotoGP world championship. Suzuki intends to be back on the grid next season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 16:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Aajkz

I do agree that Carmichael truly isn't bolstering RMZ sales.  I was making more of a point that Suzuki's MX prowess is the only thing they have going for them these days and that afterglow of Ricky's success on it is still helping them, but not really the reason.  They are bought because they are excellent bikes.  But without Ricky and now James Stewart, would they even be able to market it on it's own merits?

He's still a test rider and consultant for them.  Yeah, the past 4 years, the 450 has been pegged as being the best handler out of them all despite receiving the fewest changes.  Why fuck with what works, right?  That's not a bad thing.  I've never understood changing geometry year after year by 1 mm or 1 degree just to say something is all new.  But since Ricky is the go-to guy for the RMZ line, that explains why the RMZ has changed so little.  It doesn't need to.  Now, the street bike line...you have to admit, thay've fallen behind everyone else.

As for SX, Honda has the top 3 spots in 450.  Stewart is on the Zuk down about 5 more spots.  It would be up top if he didn't tweak his knee in warmup for the season opener.  Honestly, as the outright  fastest guy out on the track, you could put him on Chinese crap and he'd still stomp most everyone.  He just keeps hurting himself.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

DirtyLowSluthTrampBithHo

says enough i guess. think 99% would mind if he die's real soon. just go cali

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Ugly stubble award

Goes to any welsh racer faster than cal,?????hhhmmmmmm lol can't think of any

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I wonder what consistency Carmelo is speaking of? Is it the constant 4 factory riders that might win a race? Yeah Carmelo, me and mos't other race fans jus't love that. Not really you clueless fool. I miss Suzuki! I reckon they would try a screamer 4 inline wich would fail, but the sound would be great. This is Suzuki wer'e taking about. A proper racing brand.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices