Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Quad bikes

So how to put this...

Basically my health is getting worse and I've just had a test done which worsens my prognosis and has basically said I'm probably stuck being in pain for life. So I'm wondering about getting a quad bike for those days when I'm not well enough for two wheels (and maybe for shopping and snow days).

What do people think? Any massive advantages to quads or are you lumbered with the disadvantages of both cars and bikes (i.e. you get cold and wet but you also get stuck in traffic and have to pay for parking)?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 January 2013 22:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

comfort

Don`t know your condition also i haven`t had a pain free day for just over 3 years,this cold weather makes it worse.I would also be interested in your replies about quad bikes compared to cars.   

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Making progress on a quad

involves a fair bit of weight shifting.

You may be better off with a trike or a sports car.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

If you must

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

that

looks like my old scooter after one too many pies.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

If you must

I would need a few step ups for that brute.

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

As steveb says

lots of weight shifting, probably more so than on a bike. Quads cause a lot of sideways movement at the lower back. On a bike we can get away with hardly any of that.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

i

suppose you're completely exposed to the lateral forces rather than leaning or weight shifting to counter them. Which would f**k me up quite nicely.

Reply to this Topic
GMXMotorbikes

Jan 13

ATV would be the good choice

https://open.abc.net.au/projects/110-09kk3ol/contributions/the-quad-bike-archer-23la6hf#create_comment

Have a look the news, this gentleman uses quad bikes as wheelchairs so he can explore or hunting as other people in the bush.

It depends on your budget, you may can get a side by side 4X4 UTV (it's a sort of 4 wheels but has a cover on the top). so, you don't need worry about training or wet weather conditions. It's normally cost more than $3000 on the market for smallest model.

Just Google "quad bikes" or "quad bikes for sale" and you can find heaps dealers online.

Reply to this Topic
johnrodgers

May 09

johnrodgers says:

Urals

Have you thought about trying a Ural sidecar outfit? You can't mount a machine gun on a quad. The build quality of the newer Urals is surprisingly good.  If you've never ridden one you're for in for a shock though, whole new set of skills you would need to learn. Mick at MPC near Leicester does one day training courses. You don't need physical strength to ride one if you know the right techniques.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

A Trike or any 3 wheeler............

with a central wheel is a definite NO-NO in bad conditions.

The central wheel will be in the snow & crud between the wheel tracks made by the cars.
So will have either no steering or no grip depending on whether it is at the front or back.

Sidecar outfits are fine with the right tyres.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices