Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

In general its vital Ducati give factory support to their junior team all I just have to say lets wait and see what Audi has in store not long to go till the Sepang tests begin.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Watch this guy

After watching him in Moto 2 he definitely is one to watch he's more hot headed than Bradl but I personally think he will do well in the big league.....

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Will the real Crazy Joe?

Please stand up. Thats the problem with Iannone for me, world beater one minute and nowhere the next. will either be hopeless or brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

top ducati

Reckon it will be between Dovi and Ianonne but my moneys on the latter rider.
Reckon he will get the best results if he finishes a race.
Also reckon it will be close contention between Ianonne and Marquez for most crashes especially during testing and in the first part of the season.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Depend how you class top Ducati

Beulligan, Dovi is one of the elite riders in Moto GP, granted he's a couple of percent below the top three, but by my reckoning he'l score the most point out of them all this season. He's Mr consistency always around the top five.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

agree

Dovi is one of the top riders but I will be surprised if he can ride the Ducati consistantly anywhere near top 5 in its present state.
Ianonne on the other hand is more likely to risk things and that is the only way the current bike will do any good.
I really hope Ducati can turn things around but I struggle to see how.They need more that just a crazy rider.
According to Nostro the bike has to be ridden loose but doing that with a vague front end will just result in many crashes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

No. 29

I agree with carcleanerboy,Andrea Iannone is a very talented rider but also very inconsistant.Difficult to judge how well he will do but his performance in Moto 2 would sugest fast or crashed or no where to be seen.

As for best performing Ducati rider this year ? UM ! Thats a difficult one,put me down for Nicky just for the hell of it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Direction?

I like Iannone and hope he does well but, let's just say he's like Casey and comes in without any pre-conceptions how to ride the bike, adapts and starts making the three other MotoGP regulars look silly.

There's plenty out there advocating such a course. You know..tame the beast.

Are Ducati going to follow his lead, develop the bike how he sees fit and start looking for riders who can ride around the bikes foibles again?

Short term glory at the expense long term development direction? Another D16 that only one rider can get results on?

I doubt it will happen but it wouldn't be the first time.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

God speed

Kevin Ash... tragic

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

nostro says the ducati best ridden loose ? didn't realise he was the test rider, that explains a lot ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices