Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev, we will be surprised..

..if he wins at all this year..

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Dovi

Rev I sincerely would love to see Dovi win at Mugello! The place would erupt!
An Italian rider on an Italian bike at an Italian circuit.
Nothing better and Iannone second with Ben or Nicky 3rd....Wow what a dream!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

DUCATI

I'd be ecstatic if the Duke could win one , out of their riders I think Dovi for highest over all points tally , but ianone for highest finish and then maybe highest highside.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Word on another site is that whilst ducati have rolled out last years bike. Pirro and Battaini were seen testing on a bike that looked very different from last years... If it hasn't change though, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what kind of season the ducati riders will have.. Having said that, last year was the best ever result for a ducati rider other than stoner(since 2007) who was a freak on it, so they made considerable progress over previous seasons, as making comparisons to stoner who will never ride there again is pointless to say the least.. Hope they improve and challenge the factory yams and hondas on a regular basis..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Fact or old wive's tales

I like Iannone and hope he does well but, let's just say he's like Casey and comes in without any pre-conceptions how to ride the bike,

Do you really believe this Wosi?  Genuine question

All of these riders have been racing most of their lives on any number of bikes. Wouldn't you say they all know how a bike should handle - ie: when you turn in you want the bike to react immediately and turn giving the feeling that it is going to stick. Any bike can run wide or push on in a corner, regardless of size, not just a Motogp bike. A bike will either turn in and hold the line or it will feel vague and run wide or push on - you even get this on dirt bikes, some turn better than others, some shake the headstock violently at speed.

So I've never though much of this idea that they come in with no preconceptions about how a Motogp bike should handle. It's still a bike. Iannone is going to have known from his first proper test how the bike felt and he'd have known whether it felt tight in the turns or wanted to run on - are people really suggesting they wouldn't know the difference being world class riders with years of experience? I'd wager Stoner was no different, found the bike was what it was and just found an alternative way of making it turn. He'd just come off an RCV remember. The the year before that he rode his only decent smaller class bike, a 250 and that definitely would have turned.

It's not inconceivable that any of the three new riders could do the same and find a way of riding the bike in its current state. But at the same time there is no reason to think that they can't still help Ducati develop that trait out of it but continue riding it as it needs until they do. It doesn't necessarily follow that they will try and lead Ducati to develop it in that fashion. Stoner didn't try to do that remember, both riders complained of lack of front end feel but Ducati couldn't / didn't dial it out. This time Ducati appear to want to make the bike work with whatever it takes.

Hopefully they will.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

And straight from the Wosi school

of facetious 'facts' comes Hardlylean. Just dismiss pre Stoner, because that shows Capirossi performing far better than Rossi. Then take Stoner out of the equation because he was just an exceptional freak that obviously distorts yellow reality too much, and voila, what do we have? Yes Valentino Rossi - the greatest ever Ducati G.P rider!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Experience..

He'd just come off an RCV remember.. haha, you're not kidding are ya. 

But seriously..Yeah, I think lack of experience could be relevant and may actually be an advantage for Andrea.

He's only 23 and has never ridden anything remotely similar in terms of power, electronic sophistication and..the one they all talk about which takes a lot of getting used to, the tyres.

Would you use the same technique/style to go fast on 950LC8 Dakar bike as an RMX250?..crude analogy I know, but you get my drift?

Just because all bikes have two wheels and an engine, don't mean they all have the same characteristics and should be ridden the same way.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nostro? The irony that you go on about Rossi more than anyone else on here seems to have completely passed you by...

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

History Repeats

You sad old brit poofs talking up Iannone because he was only a couple of degrees of separation away from your hero Rossi, lets hope all the mythologising doesn't end in tragedy this time, the last thing the world needs is a bunch of middle aged men walking round with 5829 tattooed on their knobs, a new catch cry would emerge from the mouths of the whores of Bangkok and Pattaya "Hey 5829 I love you long time" .

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Dont be such a wanker

Princeofrepsol, never wish that on any rider....fucking dip shit

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle