Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

fanboys & conjecture..

Take your blinkers off Bulto.

“Casey uses a lot of traction control..I use very, very much less than him." - Melandri.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

It's hardly ironic

that Hardlylean has no comprehension of irony.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

irony

for good order's sake :-

Irony =The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

stoner is long gone , isn't even a current moto gp rider anymore. old news , people need to stop going on about him.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

dramatic irony - is used in a narrative when an event occurs whose significance the audience understands but the characters do not.. - Saturn?? Not taken from your old nursery school dictionary.. For goodness sake...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Melandri's sentence actually continues...

“I use very, very much less than him. Almost the next step down from the setting I use is zero and I am not able to use the potential of the system."

So compared to Melandri, Casey used more traction control in 2008 (according to Melandri who couldn't ride the bike)... that's the Melandri who came 17th & who clearly didn't get on at all with Ducati's traction control to the point of almost turning it off... so Casey who came 2nd that year may well have used a lot less than most of the field (as stated by most who've mentioned it), though thankfully not as little as Melandri, & clearly did manage what he used to great effect.

My point is that, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 is still infinitely larger than 0 so saying Melandri used very, very much less doesn't mean Casey used lots.

Wow... :blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

hugelean

I'm with you pal just popping a two fingered salute at my poor old adversary Nostro.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

irking and ilking

Yes wosi, stoner clearly deserves no credit for the 2007 title, which so closely resembled the title win and multiple race wins by colin edwards in 2003 on the aprilia cube.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Soz saturn... Nostro is from the southern hemisphere he has no right discussing the Queens English..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

who knows about increments of traction control

Hedgehog. Undoubtedly true that these bikes as currently designed  are unrideable without electronics, as with modern military aircraft and modern avionics.

This does not answer quite a number of questions though. If  stoner relied on having the traction control turned up to 10 why didn't melandri, capirossi et al just turn the tc up similarly?  Why does virtually everyone including valentino rossi who had anything to do with the bike say that stoner's method of riding it was impossible to replicate? Why did rossi complain repeatedly about the brutal power delivery of the ducati 800 after 4 years of further electronics development and a change from the screamer to big bang? 

The most telling comment for me about the 2007 title win  came from presiozi after stoner's departure from ducati when asked about the genesis of that title win; "that was casey".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices