Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Reality from Wosi? Ha, ha

Parallel universe perhaps.

Well said DoohanFan. I don't quite know how Wosi figures Stoner faked chundering in his hat. As for the 'CF chassis Stoner begged for' in 2008 line. Christ he makes it sound like Stoner pulled in straight off his own drawing board and said to Preziosi ' I want this!'. Clear decisive answers is what engineers what from riders. So much better for directional development than Rossi's equivocating, flip-flopping and umm'ing and arr'ing don't you think Muppett Wosi?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, where do you get this stuff from?..

" Rossi was as fast on the bastard CF bike Stoner left & tried to turn things around but was met with a complete unwillingness to change from the other half of the comedy duo that was responsible for the fked up excuse of a GP bike" 

This seems to undermine that argument somewhat, from Gobmeier himself: " What I have see is contradictory to what Rossi has been saying to the press. I believed what happened was almost the opposite. There was too much change without bring anything to a real conclusion" 

Damming testament wouldn't you say..?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner who

El Diablo if you wish stoner to be forgotten then perhaps you should consider ceasing to demean him, which rather invites reply from his fans.

One man's truth is his opinion to another man, but I guess since you know you are in possession of the absolute truth that makes it different.

I have absolutely no problem with valentino's fans being devoted to him, and praising him to the skies, but this doesn't mean that no other rider can have any talent or any worthy achievements. Your basic argument, particularly with stoner's 2007 championship, is that stoner must have had an advantage, because no-one can beat valentino straight up. This is not necessarily convincing to non-rossi fans, particularly when colin edwards on the aprilia cube in 2003 which a had much more pronounced straightline advantage than the 2007 ducati did not win the championship or a single race.  Have you considered that the engine characteristics which gave the 2007 ducati its overestimated straightline advantage was also the reason why riders other than stoner, including valentino, found it unrideable?. The irony of people who are fans of a rider who (very worthily) won 7 titles on factory hondas and yamahas, 5 of them on SNS tyres, complaining about a rider having an advantage on a ducati also seems to completely escape you guys.

If max biaggi is remembered it will be as a failed rossi competitor. If stoner as a successful rossi competitor is forgotten I think it will reflect less on stoner than on those doing the remembering. Unfortunately for you I fear they are indelibly linked.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rossi faster than Stoner in 2011..

QATAR: Stoner crashed out 2010, trying to out run Rossi, who had just cleared the field and moved into 2nd, scared another Laguna 08 would develop.

Stoner said he was slowing when he crashed but had just set the fastest lap of the race. He binned it @ turn 4 after setting the fastest sector 1 time of the race, faster than he'd done on his fastest lap of the race..He wasn't slowing down at all, just making the usual excuses.

ESTORIL: Rossi's fast lap was 0.694 faster than Stoner 2010.

LEMANS: Rossi's fast lap was 1.304 faster.

MUGELLO: Rossi's fast lap was 1.695 faster. His race time 37sec faster.

BRNO: Rossi's fast lap was 0.277 faster. His race time was 5sec faster.

INDY: Rossi's fast lap was 0.298 faster. 

MISANO: Rossi's fast lap was 0.202 faster. His race time was 5sec faster.

At Estoril, LeMans and Mugello..Rossi's race time 2011 was faster than the 2010 winner which leads one to believe, had he been on a D16 in 2010 Rossi would have won races.

This is in the record book. The races were dry. Let the twisted Orange panties fly.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Playing the man not the ball, again!

Well done Wosi - I see you avoided my earlier post..

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

hmmm

I actually enjoyed some of the latter posts for once but ideally wish the Stoner/Rossi fueds would end because there will be no winners.
History is written.
Doohanfan I enjoy most of your posts as they seem to be less biased than some Stoner fans but can't agree with you about Biaggi.
He will be remembered as a 4 x 250 WC and a 2 x WSB WC without a doubt.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Damming testament wouldn't you say..?

What do you expect Obergruppenfuhrer Gobmeier to say?

"Rossi was right! My guys are a bunch of lazy, shirking, procrastinators, who listen to no one, und do as they please. Just like during ze war."

Reply to this Topic
AldoApache

Jan 13

AldoApache says:

LOL Wosihound

So Rossi wasn't in fact faster at Qatar. You want to go through all Rossi's stacks in 2011? At least Stoner was fighting for wins. And you (of course) neglect to mention that Mugello was resurfaced in 2011, meaning everybody was MUCH faster than the previous year. Estoril was raced in May in 2011 rather than Athe usual October, meaning it was much warmer than the previous year. And Stoner only completed 2 laps of the Le Mans Round you're comparing Rossi's times to. Guess these facts just slipped your mind eh Lol. Either way that leaves Stoner faster at Qatar Jerez, Silverstone, Assen, Sachsenring, Laguna Seca, Aragon, Motegi, Phillip Island, Sepang Valencia, with 3 race wins and 9 podiums despite being given no development parts throughout the season as apposed to the multiple chassis updates Rossi received. Stoner also scored 225 points to Rossi's paltry 139.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Gobmeier..

..is a gobshite. He's been there two minutes and is an expert but is consulting the sacked Preziosi's to get him up to speed? Fks sake..

He's doing what you'd expect, spouting corporate bollocks and talking their chances up. Wosi predicts he'll be getting his P45 before the end of the year.

He states they haven't changed the bike because he believes there is untapped potential but Hayden disagrees.."There is not an unbelievable amount of untapped potential.." 

He reckons there was too much change, too quickly.

Dovi seems just as confused.."We have to develop the bike as fast as we can but in the last two years with Valentino they tried to develop the bike really fast but it didn't work."

Exactly what were these massive changes 2012?..I'll tell ya..Fuck all. He's talking out of his arse.

Contradicion central..headless fkin chickens..Preziosi leading development again.

Let's see if they can close the gap eh? Just don't hold your breath.

Bring back the Carbon Fibre Concept I say..WOOF WOOF WOOF.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

buelligan

Sure, Max will be remembered  as a great lower class rider and for his wsbk wins at approaching 40 years of age, and I was going for him in at least the first of those.

He didn't compete against rossi for those 125 and 250 championships though and didn't really get near him in the premier class, which stoner did, so if he is remembered as a greater rider than stoner it will be strange imo. If anyone thinks he has a more appealing character than stoner then that is an opinion to which they are entitled, but admiration of his character wasn't very prevalent when he was competing in the premier class as I recall.

My rating of riders reflects both my prejudices as an australian and my formative years as a gp racing fan, when 125 and 250 racing didn't seem particularly relevant to  gardner, lawson, rainey, doohan, schwantz etc.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle