Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

He say's..

"I've seen so many parts in the factory that were never on the bike. They were built at the request of Valentino but weren't tested because there was no time" Also, he talks about Ducati's chances this year.. "It would be unrealistic to think we can go for a victory this year" - Hardly "talking up their chances" Wosi, no "corporate bollocks" I can see... It's painful all this isn't it?..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR..

You're right..

You've got this weeks paper in front of you..so have I, and we're quoting bits of it to eachother? Haha..

As Bert said..what do you expect him to do? Slag all and sundry the minute he walks through the door. Hardly impartial is he?

Hayden & Dovi seem more reticent because they know what's what.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi faster in 2011

Wosi, you have never answered my previous discussion of rossi's Qatar 2011 performance; I accept it is reasonable to discard stoner's much faster fastest lap at qatar in 2010 seeing he crashed, but his finishing time and fastest lap in winning the Qatar race in 2009 on that horrible carbon fibre bike he designed and engineered  were faster than both valentino's finishing time and fastest lap on the ducati in 2011.

Over much of my life I have generally been regarded as a kindly man, and I am sure you don't really want me to compare stoner's performances in the last 6 races of 2010, on the bike if any that valentino "inherited" with valentino's performances in the same races in 2011. These include valentino's creditable 5th in the 3rd race of 2011 at estoril and stoner's dnf at estoril in the 17th race of 2010 which I can't argue is an unfair comparison, along with stoner's dnf at sepang 2010 and the tragic terminated 2011 sepang race which thankfully I have never seen. Aragon, Motegi, PI and Valencia are not pretty for your side of things.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi

Rather than cherry picking times from the 8 or so races they both completed in the both years that could be counted as comparable although most certainly influenced by the vagaries of racing & instead compare the full years of qualifying times... the fastest unhindered laps they could do across all 18 rounds.

Qatar Stoner 1:55.007 Rossi 1:57.137
Jerez Stoner 1:39.511 Rossi 1:40.185
Le Mans Stoner 1:33.408 Rossi 1:34.206
Catalunya Stoner 1:42.512 Rossi 1:43.223
Mugello Stoner 1:49.432 Rossi 1:49.902
GB Stoner 2:04.394 Rossi 2:05.781
Assen Stoner 1:34.08 Rossi 1:36.564
Sach Stoner 1:21.841 Rossi 1:23.320
LC Stoner 1:21.169 Rossi 1:22.235
Brno Stoner 1:56.868 Rossi 1:57.367
Indi Stoner 1:40.664 Rossi 1:40.975
Misano Stoner 1:34.397 Rossi 1:34.676
Aragon Stoner 1:48.942 Rossi 1:49.976
Motegi Stoner 1:47.105 Rossi 1:46.467*
PI Stoner 1:30.107 Rossi 1:31.980
Mal Stoner 2:02.023 Rossi 2:02.395
Val Stoner 1:31.799 Rossi 1:33.478
Por Stoner fp2 1:38.102*  Rossi 1:38.271

*FP2 (FP3 wet QP cancelled)

I will give you the fact that in 18 sessions a significant number would be in conditions that wouldn't be seen as comparable between the 2 years (something you don't seem to have mentioned... Le Mans?) but given that they're as likely to be in favour of 2010 as not, doesn't it strike you as odd that the guy you're saying was faster than Stoner on the Ducati in 2011 was only faster in qualifying once across a full 18 sessions?... & slower by over 2 seconds in some instances!

* the one time Rossi's time does beat Stoner's, remarkably so does Barbera's, Hayden's & even RDP's & would have earned any of them pole position!... Colin Edwards comes close.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

More specious tripe from wosi

Stoner 2010 / 2011 D16 / RCV vs Rossi D16 2011

Yet again for your edification Wosi. These are the only comparable condition races for which data is extractable between Stoner and Rossi.

Catalunya - Hey ho, Rossi was 1 whole second quicker than Stoner on total elapsed race time at one of his favourite tracks. Oh, Stoner ran off track twice.

Mugello - Rossi 38 seconds faster than Stoner 2010 !! Oh Lorenzo 42 faster than himself 2010. A freshly resurfaced track perhaps?

Brno- Rossi 5 seconds faster than Pramac Stoner over total elapsed time. Brno 2011 was the first race in which Bridgestone brought a wider selection of tyre compounds for the riders to choose from.

Misano. Rossi 4 secs faster than Pramac Stoner. Control Lorenzo 12 whole seconds faster 2011 than himself 2010. Reason? Bridgestone brings asymmetrics tyres 2011.

Laguna - since you love Laguna '08 so much. It's time to update and talk Laguna 2011. Truly similar conditions 2010 - 2011. GP10 Stoner 24 secs faster than GP11.9 Rossi. 24 Seconds faster on the Pramac machine in weather, ambient and track conditions that were similar. Control Lorenzo 2011 ran exactly the same elapsed time as Pramac Stoner 2010, or actually 3 seconds slower than himself 2010.

Sachenring. O.K shortened race 2010. Stoner only 1 sec behind the winner after 9 laps. Extrapolate that to a full 30 laps and that's 4 seconds in arrears. Rossi 26 seconds behind Stoner 2011. Fastest race laps Control Lorenzo 1:22.28 2010 and 1:22.02 2011. Pramac Stoner 1:22.53. GP11.9 Rossi 1:22.80

Aragon. Stoner only 1 sec different between his total elapsed race times on the Pramac and the RCV. It's a rocket that RCV. Rossi 40 seconds slower than Stoners Pramac! Control Lorenzo 5 secs slower 2011 than his 2010.

So the best you've got is 5 secs due to a wider rubber selection, and I bring a 40 sec and 24 sec whooping of Rossi by Stoner. Not to mention 9 podiums and 3 wins for Pramac Stoner, versus Rossi's one inherited podium 2011. Christ even Xaus did better than that on the Ducati!

Control riders Lorenzo and Hayden did pretty much what they did 2010 to 2011. The difference each time was Stoner.

If you're going to bring figures to the table Wosi they better be like for like, otherwise they're less than meaningless. But of course meaningless figures are your stock in trade.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

El diablo

I actually accept that there is nothing rossi could have done to beat stoner on the 2007 ducati on the 2007 yamaha, I think rossi,  close to his prime in 2007 as he showed by riding as well as anyone ever has in 2008, rode the 2007 yamaha about as well as it could be ridden. Perhaps he may have had a chance if he had been on an hrc bike and was able to develop it.This doesn't mean that what stoner did on the 2007 ducati was not truly exceptional, or would have been achievable by anyone else including rossi on that bike.  If you listen to what rossi has actually had to say about the ducati, he like everyone else who has ever had anything to do with the bike does not understand how stoner rode it so fast and could not replicate his riding method. Most comments by him and others don't seem to be restricted to the 2010 and 2011 ducatis either, and as I have said marco melandri a rider with a creditable record on hondas including 5 race wins and a 2nd placing in the world championship was 2 seconds off stoner from the time he got on that wonderful 2007 ducati at the 2007 post-season test and remained so on the 2008 bike. My conclusions about the engine characteristics of the ducati perhaps giving it both its straightline advantage and contributing to its lack of rideability were partly drawn from what valentino has said about the ducati engine from 2010, when it was a big bang rather than a screamer and there had been 4 years of further electronics development; he considered it to be still far too brutal. I don't think  anyone attributed the problems with the aprilia cube to Edward's lack of riding talent either; apart from being liable to catch on fire it was ridiculously brutal; my point perhaps exaggerated was that all of the ducati 800 bikes seem to have been similarly too brutal for anyone except stoner.  

I also object to selective searching for bike advantages in any case. Premier class gp bike racing has generally always been about the best riders and bikes ending up together, and if you want to look at bike advantages you could perhaps consider the 2002 season, despite which I don't seek to detract from any of valentino's titles; he was on that bike because he was the best rider and developer of bikes at the time.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Qatar 2011/2009..Rossi faster than Stoner on his debut.

AldoApache..

Rossi's race time was faster than Stoners in 2010 because..Stoner didn't finish.

He crashed..stacked it..was monitor in charge of gravel inspection. Do you get it son? Or are you one of the typical Orange fkwits that don't count crashing?

Nice excuses by the way..hahaha. Try paragraphing Pal, you're posts are giving me a head ache. 

doohanfan..

Qatar 2009..Stoners fast lap was 2 tenths faster than Rossi 2011..His overall race time was a second faster.

Unfortunately for you, it doesn't tell the whole story.

2009, Stoner led from start to finish. He had clear track and was nearly 3sec up at the end of lap two. His first lap was completely unhindered off the start and he did a 2''01.825

2011, Rossi started 9th on the grid and caught up in the first lap melee did a 2'05.437 which means he lost 3.612sec in the traffic compared to Stoner.

From the start of lap 2 til the end of the race, Rossi was faster than Stoner by two-and-a-half seconds and he still had to overtake one or two before the end.

In summary, on his race debut Rossi was faster throuhout compared to Stoner who was into his third year on the Ducati in 2009. Stoners Bridgestones of that year were better than Rossi's in 2011..and that is from Stoner.

Hedgey you dull fkin numpty..how many points & championships are handed out for qualifying?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wosi

OK, track conditions,  race circumstances, the way a race unfolds, closeness of racing, level of competition,  illness, injury etc etc completely irrelevant where stoner is concerned, entirely relevant where rossi is concerned; why doesn't this surprise me?

Do you really want me to compare the other 4 races out of the last 6 races in 2010?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Qatar doesn't have different conditions..it's a night race.

hahaha..Rossi was faster on his debut Pal, at a Stoner track. It hurts don't it.

Any more for any more excuses?

woofity-woof..purrrr.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ssshh..

Bjork..'So quiet' perhaps?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance