Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

qatar is usually a night race

But wasn't in 2009 due to a desert storm if you recall. I am actually not sure which side of our little argument that supports, other than proving that conditions do vary, which is in any case irrelevant to the fact that we both know you are using highly selective arguments while criticising others for doing so.

In any case, if you insist:-
Aragon 2010 Stoner 1st 42:16.530, fastest lap 1:49.555
Aragon 2011 Rossi 10th race time 42:17.427 + 39.832, fastest lap 1:50.743

Motegi 2010 Stoner 1st race time 43:12.266, fastest lap 1:47.410
Motegi 2011 Rossi DNF no completed lap

PI 2010 Stoner 1st 41:09.128, fastest lap 1:30.458
PI 2011 Rossi DNF, fastest lap before crashing 1:31.965

Valencia 2010 Stoner 2nd 46:44.622 +4.576, fastest lap 1:33.018
Valencia 2011 Rossi DNF no completed lap

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ooh..hello, a riposte?

Don't you know crashes don't count?.. 'specially if they're not the riders fault.

You're breaking my heart doohanfan..remind us who you'll be cheering on this year?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

conditional arguments

with the conditions it would seem changing as it suits you wosi.  What, being a second and a half a lap slower can be dismissed if  the slower rider eventually crashes? At fault and no fault crashes assessed by the well known wosihound motor  insurance company? The times at the 2010 post season test stand in any case, for which you have disqualified any excuses by your arguments against stoner. Perhaps  qualifying times which  I can't be bothered looking up might also be instructive.

I might go for rossi actually, I did in 2009 once stoner had no chance.  I am not really seeking to detract from rossi in most of these posts, rather answering your stoner bashing. I do have some genuine annoyance about the dismissal of Stoner's 2007 championship and attitudes to his 2009 illness, since these things are what he says disenchanted him with the sport and were unfair imo, to say nothing of gratuitously nasty in the second case. The discussion of their relative performance for ducati and attribution of blame in regard to ducati  are for fun, although I can't see it as anything other than patently ridiculous to blame stoner for the shortcomings of the ducati and exonerate rossi; as I  have said I don't think either is responsible.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Hedgey you dull fkin numpty..how many points & championships are handed out for qualifying?"

None... you said he was faster... you can be faster any time but you wanna talk championship points now?

:blink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

... & if you're trying to imply Rossi didn't give a shit about qualifying just consider how many DNF's he had caused by qualifying so far back that year & how happy he was when he got within a second of the pace in qualifying or practice.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Oh dear, how sad..never mind.

Btw..Qatar 2009 was still held at night under the lights.

I'm genuinely aggrieved you feel put out by the Stoner bashing..no really.

Casey was a good rider on his day..shame he was such a negative, puerile little prick with borderline mental health issues that clouded common sense and were the complete anti-thesis of Australian sporting ideals, off his bike.

I reckon someone will sit him on his scrawny little arse in V8's.

Hedgey..None, nada, not relevant.

It's like me saying..how many girls do you think Casey shagged before he signed 14 year old Adriana's tummy compared to Rossi?..and expecting to win an argument.

You been watching long Pal? What time is the bus home?

Hahaha..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Doohanfan, the first rule of boxing..

..is always keep your guard up. Schoolboy error there my friend!..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I did get

some time ago that you don't like stoner wosi.

Didn't watch the delayed qatar 2009 race, something to do with having to go to work I think, and so don't remember what time of day it ran at. In any case still proof that there is weather at night even in the desert, and they have been nibbling around the edges of the problems with dew and cool track conditions at night  for years as well.

You can dislike stoner all you like as far as I am concerned, it is the invention of reasons to further justify doing so  that I take issue with, or like to have fun with, anyway. Feel free to expand on your qualifications in cod psychology.  You do realise I presume that him annoying people such as you was sometimes a source of enjoyment for his fans; I think he rather decided himself that proving people wrong was not sufficient reason for him to continue.

I won't reply in kind,  rossi's greatness can't be disputed including by me, he has a certain ruthlessness  similar to that which  mick doohan had and which I admired in mick, has almost always been both safe and fair as a rider during his long career, and has style and grace and  an impressive talent for one-liners, particularly as this is often in what is not his first language. 

I sincerely hope stoner  doesn't compete in australian V8 supercars, an ersatz nascar formula which doesn't qualify as worthwhile motor racing imo, even more so than most forms of car racing in comparison with gp bike racing.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

not a mark on my face

and a completely straight unreconstructed nose despite my fairly advanced age CHR.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Considered and modest as ever doohanfan..you are an example to us all. Such a shame your fellow countryman failed to show similar grace.

A petulant bad loser with no class..is he any good at football? 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What was the point Bulto's

made often Wosi? Mugello 2009, a sulky Rossi sitting stewing on his bike in parc ferme having come third to Stoner and Lorenzo. There's your definition of a sore loser.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices