Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati factory support vital for Andrea Iannone

MotoGP rookie Andrea Iannone believes his hopes of succeeding in the new look Pramac Ducati squad will be given a massive boost by Ducati’s commitment to offer him full factory support in 2013. In a bid to reduce the performance gap to rivals Honda and Yamaha. Ducati has changed its strategy for the forthcoming world championship campaign and will bring its...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I've a feeling Nostro is gonna be top of the sore losers list around these parts..I can't wait.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

ElDiablo

You're entitled to your opinion obviously but this is nonsense

The final note was when Stoner rode up beside Randy de Puniet last year at Le Mans and punched him on the shoulder stating that he blocked him during warm-ups while the pair were travelling at high -speeds... sorry your highness, all riders forgot they had to step aside to give you enough space... Shame Abraham did bitch slapped you...

Go and watch it again. De Puniet was dawdling - ie: going very slowly - on the racing line of an extremely fast and blind corner exit. It was stupid thoughtless riding and could have caused a huge accident with anyone, not just Stoner. It just happened to be Stoner who came upon him first. He didn't PUNCH De Puniet, it was a tap on the shoulder and do you really think it was dangerous? As dangerous as what De Puniet did? And remember, as you've obviously forgotten or have deliberately ignored it, De Puniet apologised and accepted he was in the wrong.

Finally, Stoner's bike was ridden by Stoner for 3 years. It was his baby, adapted to his riding style. And his style was super agressive.

Stoner had nothing to do with the 2007 bike which was developed and tested with Gibernau and Capirossi. Stoner was about 3rd or 4th choice for Ducati who fully expected Capirossi to continue where he left off in 2006 by challenging for the title. Each subsequent bike had the same problem with being difficult to ride, so you can hardly say it was developed to his riding style. Rossi's 2012 bike was nothing to do with Stoner but still has the same issues. Stoner adapted himself to the Ducati, it was never developed for him. Rossi and all the rest couldn't

And if you think Rossi is the complete and fair-minded sportsman, watch him push Gibernau off the track at Jerez, listen to him moaning about Elias riding dangerously because he was beaten by him in Portugal, watch him sit on his bike sulking in the winner's enclosure at Mugello and refusing to talk to anyone after finishing 3rd and then watch him be only too willing to talk at the next race after winning at Barcelona when he rudely interrupts Lorenzo's live TV interview to make the point that he'd beaten him in his home race.

If you're going to criticise, be fair minded yourself and comment on them all, not selectively pick the rider you dislike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AldoApache

Jan 13

AldoApache says:

Wosihound

So Mugello being resurfaced in 2011 is an excuse is it. Shows the level of intellect we're dealing with here. Rossi crashed, sucked gravel etc  just as much as Stoner did the previous year, just going a lot more slowly.

Rossi himself has admitted he couldn't ride the Duc like Stoner could, why can't you? He got 10 times the support for zero wins and roughly a fifth of the podiums Stoner got the previous year, and whichever way you want to look at it (like A resurfaced track being an 'excuse') Stoner was STILL mostly much faster than Rossi was.

What else you got Lol

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

qatar 2009 night race wosi

The delayed qatar 2009 motogo race was run still as a night race but at a different time, 9 pm Qatar time rather than 11 pm as originally scheduled the previous day, which ended up being an unfeasible time in australia hence my not watching it.This could well have affected track conditions, as the rain the previous day could have done by washing rubber off the track, with the gp race cancelled  after the 125s and 250s had run. Being well in front for most of the race could also possibly have made stoner's fastest lap and total race time slower rather than quicker as well.

I realise none of this counts because we are talking about stoner of course, and by the patented wosi motogp race performance algorithm he as opposed to valentino can only be affected positively and not negatively by factors extrinsic to him.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I suppose that explains why in WUP2 on the Monday they went significantly faster than in Sunday WUP?

Your guys defence of Stoner knows no bounds eh?..Both on track, with his crashing and dodgy race-craft, and off, with his charmless attitude.

The bitterness is palpable.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

palpable bitterness

If I was to be bitter about anything regarding motogp wosi (I realise it is actually a sport btw) it would not be concerning non-performance by stoner at Qatar  or  inferior performance at ducati relative to valentino rossi's performance for that marque, whatever the grotesque rationalisations you make about the latter.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hurt distorts..

Read this thread from the start DF..

Some of the usual suspects headed by Nostro, prince of arseholes and PaceyCasey(you need a new tag Bud) introduce Rossi slagging. Nobody is dissing Stoner to that point?

You get all hurt & defensive and start banging on about Qatar 2009.

wosi counters & exposes your claims as fanboy tripe.

You get all defensive & hurt.

It's not wosi making the grotesque rationalisations.

Get over yourself Pal.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

conflation

We argued about 2 things, in respect to neither of which you have  advanced any valid argument imo. I said grotesque rationalisation btw, not gross (although if you choose to apply that adjective as well I won't disagree); I can change it to bizarre if you like .

The first was that stoner on the reviled 2009 carbon fibre bike he apparently designed and engineered had a faster race time and fastest lap in winning  the Qatar 2009  race than rossi had in the 2011 Qatar race. This is in the record books, which even you cannot dispute. Apparently  because valentino's underwear was too tight in 2011 or something similar these times are not comparable, although any comparison which favours any argument you choose to make is not affected by anything other than rider talent.

You also contended , as far as I can tell, that there is no weather at night; it is a long time since I did Geography at school, but my memory is fairly good and I believe this to be untrue, as illustrated by the 2009 race being postponed 1 day due to a rainstorm, which rather proves I would have thought that conditions can change at night.

What you have never even tried to answer (possibly because you can't) is the small matter of the  times in the 2010 post season test, and  valentino himself saying he could not replicate what stoner did on the ducati.Whether a bike produced by a competent team/manufacturer should have to be ridden that  way is entirely another question, to which imo the answer is no.  

{EDIT I have read the thread  from the start, your first comment was not antagonistic although erroneous imo, what ducati have done is not accept that their bike needed taming, rather than look for another stoner; ducati management if not ducati corse and ducati's major sponsor saw no need to retain the stoner they had.   My dispute with you started when after a post of mine ( in which I politely largely agreed with you) you sneered about stoner's lack of acquaintance with throttle cables, despite their absence in the premier class in his time, and their presence in other classes of bike racing in which he has competed. You have also run this silly argument repeatedly on multiple threads about rossi somehow outriding stoner on the ducati, which I regard as grotesque as in weird and distorted as I said}.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Once a Stoner fanboy...

Squirming around a bit aren't we?

You pushed the 2009 Qatar agenda safe, or so you thought, in the knowledge Casey's times were faster..which they are. No disputing that here.

I put it into context though and blew your smug bullshit to peices.

2 tenths faster, yes..on one lap. One second faster on overall race time, yes..

..but your facile understanding of that particular race was exposed when wosi pointed out the lap times and grid positions. Rossi was faster throughout, taking out his slow first lap from ninth and in traffic.

You then tried to tell us the race was not held at night because of the weather postponement AND that the track was probably slower because the rain had washed away grip.

I pointed out you were mistaken on both counts. the race was at night and the lap time on Monday was faster than Sunday. The conditions were faster..not slower.

You also made excuses for your lack of comprehension of the circumstances by saying you were at work and hadn't actually watched the race.

On a subject which YOU pestered wosi an answer for, a bit like you're doing again regards the Valencia test, you have been completely owned sunshine.

I take back my earlier praise of your fair-mindedness as you are no better than the flip-flopping usual fuckos intent on defending Stoner while making themselves look complete idiots.

All of this is against a backdop of Rossi riding the Ducati on his DEBUT while Stoner had been a Ducati rider for two seasons plus testing.

In future, take CHR's advice and keep both hands up when you address me because from now on I intend to show you up for the long winded chump you are and spank your sorry upside down arse black & blue.. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

argumentum ad hominem

You always know when you have won the argument when your opponent resorts to argumentum ad hominem, particularly of such  bellicosity.

There are many reasons I would accept for rossi being slower than stoner in the post season test, including his unfamiliarity with the bike and his injuries at the time. Such excuses would I thought not be relevant in wosiworld where pedrosa's points margin to stoner in 2012 was not influenced by stoner's broken ankle.

What I will give you is credit for standing by your man (not that he requires it), having been in a similar position in stoner's lean years. What I don't get is such desperate hatred for a retired motogp champion, given that it would seem, again bizarrely, that you are to some extent serious.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices