Skip to content

Discuss This Don't be a victim of bike theft General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Don't be a victim of bike theft

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Don't be a victim of bike theft

In November last year, MCN reported that 15 bikes were stolen within minutes in the Dorset area and were later found dumped and smashed up in a nearby ditch. Unfortunately, theft is becoming an ever increasing issue throughout the UK and the impact on the owner can be devastating. We also reported back in December that researchers have identified increasing thefts of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 11:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

statistics much?

if the top 4 stolen bike models are "Lexmoto, Gilera, Piaggio and Kymco" then why does it say honda/yamaha/kawasaki/suzuki on the chart. I didn't really find the chart helpful at all - lots of graphic, little info, and incorrect info.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Scooters are stolen much more than motorcycles. They're just talking about motorcycles here.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I hate thieves who say "just claim on the insurance"..... 1. Most insurance plans have a big upfront cost and if the bike isn't worth much it often becomes not worth it as the bike isn't worth the increase in insurance, the loss of no claims and the upfront cost to claim. 2. I've had my ZX6R stolen, which I got on a bargain as it was ex demo. I didn't get the money I needed to get another one so I had to downgrade to a crap bike. Not only was my insurance then higher than it would have been but I was stuck with a lesser bike. When you come to buying a new bike after the insurance company has paid out, you have to take into consideration of the increased cost. 3. My friend has his bike stolen but because it wasn't chained up (which was in the small print) he couldn't claim and was left out of pocket, couldn't travel to his job and lost it. He works locally now but it has caused such major problems and he still hasn't gotten the money back from the whole thing to recover from it and to buy another bike. So to these scumbags, stop using the insurance excuse because it isn't that easy. otherwise everyone would be claiming.

Reply to this Topic
GrazzerFazer

Feb 11

GrazzerFazer says:

Thieves

When I come to power in this country all bike/car thieves will be beaten within an inch of their lives in front of their families.

If someone steals £5k from a bank they get years in prison, if someone steals a motor vehicle they get a slap on the wrists, crime should be seen in terms of the value not the item

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Ok

I'll try not to!

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

chop the feckers fingers off

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Meaningful sentences for convicted thieves would be a start; in the absence of such, might I suggest using the little fucker's heads as a dance floor?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Biggest Thieves

Biggest thieves are in the City of London and have a chauffeur (or helicopter pilot) take them to work, so they do not have to worry about their transport being nicked.

At least here in the US, judges have thrown out portions of contracts in fine print, unless both parties to the contract are considered those who should know better (e.g. companies with in-house legal council).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle