Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

RIP Kevin

condolences to your family

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

The loss of Kevin Ash will leave a huge void in the lives of many people. For MCN readers he had the knack of explaining complicated topics in a simple, easy-to-read manner.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Thats Hugely Sad

Had only just come round to Mr Ash's style of writing and more importantly his opinion on our much loved past  time. thats a big big loss to the world of motorcycles! My thoughts with his friends and family!

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

So sad to hear of this. Kevin's articles were always insightful, entertaining and informative. My condolences go to his family, friends and colleagues.

Reply to this Topic
JeffStone

Jan 13

JeffStone says:

Very sad

What a tragedy. Kevin was someone you could always rely on for a balanced view. Approachable and witty he was good company too. In my time with the BMF it was always good to have Kevin's angle on the issues of the day. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. My sincere condolences to his family.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

A huge loss to motorcycle journalism..

and motorcycling as a whole.

Often outspoken but always articulate and entertaining, you sir will be

sorely missed.

R.I.P Kevin

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

God bless.

Condolences to his loved ones.

Reply to this Topic
olgreyken

Feb 09

olgreyken says:

Terrible news

I am so very sad to read the awful news of Kevin's death. His column was always amongst the first items I read in MCN. Always informative, witty, often controversial and a pleasure to read. A great loss to us all in the biking community. Sincere condolences to his family and all friends.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

RIP

A massive loss both for his family and the extended family of MCN and its readers. His ability to explain technical / engineering issues will be hugely missed.

Reply to this Topic
jamiemcm

Aug 02

jamiemcm says:

Sad sad news.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues.

A great loss to our big biking family.

I'll miss his columns in MCN and the Telegraph.

Wonderful and informative to read and always honest with his opions.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices