Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Sorry for your loss. So sad.

Reply to this Topic
stickywicket

Jul 10

stickywicket says:

Very sad news. His site Ashonbikes is a great source of intelligent non biased information. he will be missed in life and throughout the net.

Condolences to his family and many many friends

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Terrible news

Very sorry to hear this - condolences to Mr. Ash's  family and everyone who knew him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bigbigdave

Jan 13

Bigbigdave says:

Kevin ash

God how sad to hear of Kevin's death. Every week that i read MCN i would allways look fwd to his column, i must say that some things he said i didn't allways agree on but that's how I liked it, and that's why I enjoyed him so much. When ever he talked about the old school of biking 70-80 I would hang on every word and a smile would come to my face. It's such a shame he died, if being on a bike doing what he loved and being paid to do it, (how many would love to be in such a position) was the way he died then at least there is that slight peace of mind about his death. It seems to me it never happens to the bastards in this world allways the guys that are liked.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Kevin Ash

will be sorely missed by many, if not most of whom who read his columns.

While not perhaps quite as eloquent, I always considered Kevin to be the LJK Setright of motorcycling journalism. Whatever you read, it was always clear and concise, but not always what you wanted to hear.

My condolences to all who knew him, and his family in particular.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

terrible news, i always really enjoyed his reviews and writing style, and always made sure to read his columns, condolences to his friends and family, very sad news

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Wow. This has knocked me for a loop. Absolute shame. My heart goes out to Kevin's family and friends. Such a nice guy.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Cant believe it...

wow what terrible news, condolences to his family and friends and all his MCN readers that knew him.

Biking can give such extreme emotions but couldnt think of a life without it.

RIP Kev

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

RIP Ash

rest in peace Ash.

every time we follow our passions, whether to get on a bike, fly a private plane, sky dive, ski fast, ride fast in an exotic car, etc... we take our lives in our hands.  that's the factor that gives it excitement, otherwise the experiences wouldn't be memorable. 

I'd like to know how the accident happened.

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Tragic news. Condolences to his friends and family. Rest in peace.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices