Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colinS2R

Mar 06

colinS2R says:

RIP

Very sad news

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

RIP

a great loss,very sad news :upset:

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Very Very Sad News...

I really liked his road tests with full explanation of how things worked and his unbiased opinion about bikes. If ever I wanted to know about a bike he gave to you, warts and all. My sympathy to his family and friends......

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Gutted

I'm in shock. I cant believe the news of Kevin's death. Heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends. Kevin's stuff was always some of the best in MCN, the man knew so much and was never afraid to speak his mind. RIP Kevin, you will be missed so much, a huge gap in Motorcyclists lived has just appeared. 

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Damn

his website was always better than any in magazine review, so much detail http://www.ashonbikes.com/

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Tragic news.

Condolences to all Kevin's family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
dreid14

Apr 08

dreid14 says:

Horrible news

So saddened to hear this. His reviews were the best ever, always informative and he was incredibly generous with his knowledge and opinions, motorcycling is very much poorer without him. RIP and condolences to his family and friends, he will be greatly missed by many.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Deeply Saddened

Kevin was the pinnacle of biking journalism. His column was always technically correct and if he had an issue (or indeed if a reader brought it to his attention), he would go away and get to the bottom of it.

His column and blog site were essential reading and this loss will be impossible to replace.

Kevin was always upbeat and deeply wished to have motorcycling debates with anyone who raised a question (or most usually, listened).

This is a very very sad day for motorcycling and all readers who deeply enjoyed Kevins opinion.

Personally, I always felt that if Kevin gave any machine the ok, then it was seriously worth looking at.

As an avid motorcycle journalism reader, this shock will take some getting over as the void left is immense.

My deepest condolences to Kevins family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

RIP

Sad news, very sad! RIP Mr Ash you will be missed and the world of motorcycles will be a lesser place without you.. :( Arthur

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

I'm absolutely horrified and saddened to read this. Kevin always provided an "engineering insight" into his articles. They had nicely crafted words and were a credit to his profession. He was a great ambassador for motorcycling. To lose his life in this way is such a tragedy. What could have gone wrong? What an awful loss for his family.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices