Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

Mud doctor wrote .."While not perhaps quite as eloquent, I always considered Kevin to be the LJK Setright of motorcycling journalism. Whatever you read, it was always clear and concise, but not always what you wanted to hear." Wow , what a great way of putting it . You have absolutely summed him up, well done. I'm so so sad and still totally upset about this . I always turned first to his page whether in the MCN , Sunday Times or other publication.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Guzzi Riders

From one Moto Guzzi guy to another: I always knew where you were coming from. Sadly missed, deepest sympathy to your loved ones.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Kevin Ash RIP

Shocked and saddened, He always said it as he saw it, he will be missed badly!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

one of the best

So sad, one of the best motorcycle journalists of his generation.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

:(

Up to now, I'd never actually twigged that it was Kevin's columns that I most enjoyed when I bought my occasional copy of MCN. Reading his work in the whole over at ashonbikes.com though, I've made the connection. And I'm blown away by the level of detail, his thoughtfulness, courtesy and absolutely bang on op/eds. I can't find anything there that I disagree with. I wish I'd caught on earlier. He seemed like a properly decent bloke.

Reply to this Topic
trainerphil

Apr 09

trainerphil says:

Very sad news, condolences to Ash's family. God bless.

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

RIP

So much motorcycle writing is either hyperbolic and egotistical, or bland and sycophantic. Kevin just told the truth, as plainly as possible. And, probably uniquely, he understood every technical aspect of a bike and appreciated every form of riding. He was the writer you directed you non-riding friends to when you wanted to show them how sane and intelligent bikers really were. I'm not sure what we'll do without him.

Reply to this Topic
LEV42

Nov 06

LEV42 says:

Kev

Deeply saddened to hear the tragic news that Kevin Ash has passed away during the test of the B.M.W in South Africa. A superb journalist and technician always forthright in his views I was persuaded to buy the Ducati MTS 1200 by his opinion on the bike. My condolences go to his immediate family, friends and colleagues of numerous publications....

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

RIP

Very sad news indeed - I can't say I agreed with everything that Kevin wrote, but perhaps that is what made him a great journalist - tremendous insight with an opinion - sincere condolences to all those close to him. It does bring home to us all I'm sure, what it means to ride a bike and the things that come with it - very sobering. Motorcycling has lost a true champion and enthusiast. RIP

Reply to this Topic
goldbarsenior

Aug 10

Never again shall we read your outspoken columns in the MCN. My thoughts go out to your family, friends and colleagues. R.I.P. Kevin. Ride On.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices