Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobgreen

Apr 04

bobgreen says:

RIP Kevin

Always enjoyed his MCN column, didn't always agree but more often than not he hit the nail on the head.

Sad news. RIP Kevin Ash.

Reply to this Topic
oldmanA

Jul 12

oldmanA says:

RIP

Shocking news, I have been reading his column in the Telegraph for ages.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

very sad news, i very much enjoyed reading his stuff, it was insightful and sometimes very very inspirational.  next time i go to the pub to read my MCN on a wednesday i'll be thinking about him. RIP.  

Reply to this Topic
NULUSIOS

Jan 13

NULUSIOS says:

RIP

Very sad news. Ash was very well respected in the industry and motorcycle fans community. This easily overshadows the BMW launch event (which might need to be delayed a bit). Dammit. I was waiting for his report on the new GS. RIP and ride the roads of paradise.

Reply to this Topic
magpiemale

May 06

magpiemale says:

rip kev

I am utterly shocked to hear this......shocked my condolences to his family and friends,I like reading some of his write up in mcn such a shame. Magpiemale

Reply to this Topic
nessychris

Aug 02

nessychris says:

Sad loss to our world

Shocked at this news, he always made you think about whatever he wrote. Knee down Kev!

Reply to this Topic
T595

Aug 02

T595 says:

Desperately sad

I enjoyed Kevins articles. Bike reviews were honest and entertaining, technical articles helped even a luddite like me on occasion. My heart goes out to his wife, kids, family and friends. Please look out for one another at this sadand tragic time. Bless you all, Rich Halford.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Shame

I was just reading his review of the CBF125 on the Telegraph website last night as I'm thinking about getting one as a run-around commuter.  Always liked his articles - well written, straight to the point and clearly had a passion for what he was writing about.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

Humbling

My thoughts are with Ash's family... he was a great ambassador for motorcyling and motorcyclists and will be greatly missed by all. A sad day for motorcycle journalism.

Reply to this Topic
tobergel

Aug 02

tobergel says:

very sad news, always read his column in MCN.

RIP Kev

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices