Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

shocked and saddened.  RIP Kevin.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Sadly Missed

I never met Kevin but read his articles in the MCN and the Telegraph. His output was prolific and I liked the technical slant he gave everything he did. What a shame, condolences to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
paulgs9

Dec 11

paulgs9 says:

tragic loss

a tragic loss for his family, for journalism, and for motorcycling RIP

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Very sad loss. I always enjoyed Kevin's articles. He seemed like a normal chap with a passion for biking, bikes and the science that makes them work. He always seemed like the voice of common sense in what, sometimes seems, like a maelstrom of madness what with licensing and legislation and everything else that gets in our way of enjoyment. I liked his views and it's a sad day.

Reply to this Topic
sabbathfan

Jan 13

sabbathfan says:

Sad news...too young- RIP. The only good reason for buying the Telegraph on a Saturday.

Reply to this Topic
icyelement

Aug 09

icyelement says:

Sad Loss

I always enjoyed Kevin's articles, he said what he thought and didn't care if it ruffled feathers.  His tech page was always accessible.  

However, his family are the ones who have lost the most and my deepest condolences go to them.

Reply to this Topic
kdt092

Jul 09

kdt092 says:

Sad

Called a spade a spade and if a bike was crap he didn't mince his words. You always got a reply from his own website. An excellent tribute from his fellow peers is on the Telegraph motoring website, he got them all into biking. Condolences to his friends and family. Ride free now Kev and thanks for all your insights and articles.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Devastated

Devastated doesn't come close. He was a one man pro-motorcycling army and we will feel his loss almost immediately. Not just his research on anti-motorcycle legislation or discrimination but also his pro-biking articles on this site, his own website, the telgraph website and the paper too.

Andy

Reply to this Topic
dieseldav3

Jan 13

dieseldav3 says:

Terrible news

I looked forward to Kevin Ash's articles every week in MCN; well researched, insightful and always immaculately presented, they were a joy to read.

With his sad passing, motorcycling has lost on of its greatest ambassadors. He genuinely will be sorely missed by very many people. RIP

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Very sad....

Thoughts and sympathy to Mr Ash's family and friends. I liked his 'no nonsense' writing, and will miss his column.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices