Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

Tragic.

Tragic, always enjoyed Kevin Ash's writing, thoughts and sympathy's with his family.

Reply to this Topic
mikehisc

Jan 06

mikehisc says:

Awfull

So sad to hear about Kevin this morning. I looked forward to reading his Tech and "Straight Talking" columns in MCN. He will be greatly missed, not only by the 2 wheeled community, but 4 wheels as well. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Somehow "RIP" doesn't do it.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Was reading

Ride magazine and twice so far his advice has been mentioned by other writers when he wasn't involved in the article at all. It's obvious that his opinions were held in high esteem by those who knew him.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Sad News

Always enjoyed reading the Kevin Ash column in MCN it was one of the first things I turned to, he will be sadly missed.

Reply to this Topic
4418geoffg

Aug 07

4418geoffg says:

RIP

Very sad news, I'm shocked.

Reply to this Topic
weetonypaul

Mar 09

weetonypaul says:

Very sad indeed. Coincidentally, I had just read his latest piece in MCN about an hour before I got the news of his death. My sincerest condolences go out to his wife and children at this tragic time! RIP

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Horrible news. He was an ambassador whose measured and thoughtful writing will be missed by many.

Reply to this Topic
NoddieGee

Jan 13

NoddieGee says:

Unbelievable

Can't believe what I've just read ... what a sad loss RIP Kevin Ash.

Reply to this Topic
gazscar

Aug 09

gazscar says:

sad news and a great loss,thoughts go to his family and friends. I hope mcn can reprint many of his old articels comments and opinions as they were always to the point,again sad news but glad he was doing what we all love and believe in

Reply to this Topic
tonywill

Nov 05

tonywill says:

kevin ash

my thoughts go to the family of kevin ash, very sad news.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices