Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Aug 02

1100970 says:

R.I.P.

Very sad can remember some of his writings a man that clearly understood the 2 wheel machine.

Reply to this Topic
trannie680

Jun 09

trannie680 says:

Shocked.

Shocked and saddened by Kevins death. He was a truly great Motorcycling personality . I never missed his column in MCN.Thoughts go to his friends and family.

Reply to this Topic
CPW01

Jan 13

CPW01 says:

Kevin Ash

This is awful news; I was privileged to ride with Kevin on Enduro India in 2004 and spent a really good night with him in place called the Jungle Hut in the Western Ghat mountains, drinking Cobra and talking 70s bikes.

Kevin’s technical expertise, excellent road-tests & forthright opinions were the highlight of both MCN and the Telegraph’s weekly motoring supplement (probably the most-accessible and read motorcycle journalism seen by the general car-driving population).

Sincere condolences to Kevin’s family; Ashy you will be missed and remembered; RIP

Reply to this Topic
winton

Apr 07

winton says:

Kevin Ash

Very saddened to hear about Kevin Ash's tragic accident. A reminder to us all how vulnerable we are no matter how experienced.

Mark

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Biker Heaven

And there goes into biker heaven, one of the most knowledgeable, experienced, honest, respected, likable journalists/mechanical engineer's in the industry. Rest In Peace Kevin Ash, you will be missed by our throng of the biking community.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

A sad loss

Just read about the sad loss of kevin ash. Please pass on my condolances to his family. He will be sadly missed by all. I enjoyed reading his colum in mcn every week didn't alway agree with some of his views. But then it would be a dull place if we all thought the same.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

A sad loss

Just read about the sad loss of kevin ash. Please pass on my condolances to his family. He will be sadly missed by all. I enjoyed reading his colum in mcn every week didn't alway agree with some of his views. But then it would be a dull place if we all thought the same.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Sadly, a sobering reminder (as if it were needed) that we are all equally vulnerable and at risk when doing what we and Kevin loved so much. Writers of his calibre are few and far between, along with his expression of an opinion which he would defend to the hilt.

My most sincere condolences to his family and thank you to them for sharing him with us. I hope that the comments and respect shown on here may bring you some comfort in these dark days.

Farewell  to a truly good guy. 

Reply to this Topic
bandit99

Aug 11

bandit99 says:

Farewell Ashy

I completely agree and echo all the sentiments posted here. A great shock and disblief. My sincere sympathies with the Ash family and his friends and colleagues.

Like most of us here, i did not personally know Kevin Ash but through his well crafted articles i got to know and like the big man of all things motorcycling. It was one of Kevin Ash's articles on watching British Superbikes at Brands that i took the plunge and went, which was a great experience, just like Ashy had described.

I learnt alot from his Techwatch columns and his own site, AshOnBikes. As a regular reader of MCN, there will be a big void. MCN just wont be the same without the most outspoken man in motorcycling.

So, Kevin Ash aka Ashy, rest in peace. Thank you. Will miss your well excuted biking journalism. Keep on biking up there mate. God rest your soul.

Reply to this Topic
mrp192

Mar 08

mrp192 says:

Kevin Ash RIP

My deepest and most heart felt sympathy and condolences to Kevin's family, colleagues and friends. His articles were the first thing I read every week in MCN and will miss them. RIP Kevin and thank you for your words of wisdom.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices