Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dg3007

Apr 08

dg3007 says:

Kevin Ash

I would like to offer my condolences to kevins family, friends and colleagues. Sad loss to the industry as a whole. Knowledgeable guy and entertaining writer. RIP

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

Sad News, condolences to his family and friends. going to miss his weekly column

Reply to this Topic
androidt595

Jan 13

androidt595 says:

Goodbye Kevin

Wise words thankfully captured in print; I rarely disagreed with him. Kevin showed the world that motorcyclists could be intelligent. Creating clarity for the unwashed to understand, what could be at times, quite complex subject matter.

His contributions will be sorely missed. 

Condolences to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
kevr1cool

Aug 07

kevr1cool says:

Kevin Ash

man thats so sad he was a great writer and always spoke what many thought, so sorry for his friends and family.

Reply to this Topic
S.Leiber

Apr 07

S.Leiber says:

Terrible news for Kevin's family and the world of motorcycling, heart felt condolences to them. To lose such an intelligent and eloquent voice is a huge loss. Not felt this sad since poor Simoncelli was lost to us.

Reply to this Topic
grumpy ol git

Sep 08

Miss Ya Mate

R.I.P. Kevin, we will all miss your unbiased testing of the latest models. I, along with all of your regular readers new we would get an honest test and not one of the regular butt kissing manufacturer types. Have a good trip upstairs Kevin.

Reply to this Topic
brianzey

Jan 06

brianzey says:

very sad news

A part of MCN fabric, condolences to his family

Reply to this Topic
Eldar

Aug 02

Eldar says:

Kevin Ash

so sad to read this awfull news ,always liked to read Kev's columns and enjoyed his outspoken view ,he will be sadly missed by all , my thoughts go out to his family .RIP Kevin .

Reply to this Topic
zxboy

Sep 10

zxboy says:

Bikes have a following and no matter how young or old we are ,no matter how new or vintage we ride, how fast or slow we go. Wen something tragic happens we show that bikes are a community and no one knew that more so than Kevin Ash. I for one will miss his stone faced photo in MCN each week , his various reviews and look forward to reading tributes posted by those that knew him best over the coming weeks. My sincere condolences to the Ash family at this time.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

R.I.P. Ashy.I loved reading his stuff in MCN,The Telegraph etc,but unlike most journos i agreed with almost everything he wrote.He'll be sadly missed at the ACEEDSTORM house of bikers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle