Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plasticadam

Jun 10

plasticadam says:

A real biking journo

Devastated to hear the news about Kevin Ash. What a top bloke, intelligent biker and gifted writer who was able to tackle such a range of subjects with so much insight and clarity. He instilled such a passion into his words that you felt he could enthuse all non-believers into the joy of bikes - and having also read his column in the Torygraph over many years I'm convinced he improved biking's image and perception there too.

So, so sad and my thoughts now go out to his wife and kids.

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

Kevin Ash

A sad day for the motorcycle community, my condolences go to his wife and children, RIP Kevin you did us proud for many years. 

Reply to this Topic
Shunty

Jul 11

Shunty says:

Kevin Ash

Sad, sad news. Kevin was one of the best journos in the business - sometimes controversial, extremely knowledgeable, never patronising and always fighting the biker corner. I will miss his writing in MCN very much.. Please pass on my condolences and regards to his family and close colleagues

Reply to this Topic
MirageZA

Jan 13

MirageZA says:

RIP Kevin Ash

Like all of us, I have enjoyed Kevin's writing, friendly and accurate manner in which he would respond to questions asked on his website. I am from SA and have some insight on what actually happened but I'm not going to share stories, it would be disrespectful to Kevin and his family. There are rumors already circulating on the net about Kevin riding 10/10 most of the time etc etc. For the record, Kevin had a collision and it was not his fault (police report pending). I wish my first post on MCN was on lighter note but I felt obliged to register and clear some things up. Ride safe all, A.

Reply to this Topic
kwikasfaki278

Jan 13

Kevin Ash

Very sad day for the world of motorcycling and especially of course for the great mans family. I never had the privelidge of meeting Kevin but I felt I knew him  through his writings, he was  an intelligent, passionet, witty, and talented journalist that put his very soul into all his features. I will miss reading his columns and I will be poorer and less well informed in the future. I hope Kevins family can find some way to overcome their huge loss, my heart goes out to them at this very difficult time.

Reply to this Topic
bmwmurd

Jan 13

bmwmurd says:

Kevin Ash

Shocking news. Felt I knew him personally through his great bike reviews and enthusiasm for bikes. Thoughts with his four girls.

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

RIP Kevin

I was shocked when I heard the news. I don't know much about the technical aspects of motorcycling, but always read Kevin's tech columns in MCN. He had a great talent on making it clear to people like me to understand. I deepest thoughts to Kevin's family and friends at this very difficult time.

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

RIP Kevin

I was shocked when I heard the news. I don't know much about the technical aspects of motorcycling, but always read Kevin's tech columns in MCN. He had a great talent on making it clear to people like me to understand. I deepest thoughts to Kevin's family and friends at this very difficult time.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Comment posted on behalf of Peter Harman

The only consistant thing in my life that I've ever done ...is to read MCN. But mainly Kevs bits. Weather tecwatch. Or an outspoken man in MCN Allways . Thats that then. Im hurt. So long Mr Ash.pleasure to know you.Thanks.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Comment posted on behalf of John McLeod

It is with deep regret that I learned of the death of Kevin Ash. As a mid life crisis biker who came late into the brotherhood and an avid MCN reader, I always read Kevin's column. His opinions did not always reflect mine but I always though they were fair and well judged. It was his technical knowledge however that helped me understand the wonders of new and old bikes. For this I thank him and know he will be sorely missed.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices