Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Retep600

Jan 13

Retep600 says:

Kevin Ash

I like many others was shocked and saddened to read of Kevin's untimely death.  I hadn't logged into MCN.com for a while so only found out when reading yesterday's Driving supplement with the Sunday Times.  The motorcycle columnist, Geoff Hill, was actually riding behind Kevin when the accident occurred.  He has personally known Kevin for a long time and he dedicated his column yesterday to his friend and fellow journalist.  The circumstances of the accident were not clear to Geoff; they were in a group ride, off-road, testing the new BMW GS12.

Geoff gave a very fitting tribute to Kevin - well worth a read.  

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Kevin

A sad loss indeed. He will be hugely missed by all MCN readers.

Reply to this Topic
metallurgicalconsultant

Jan 13

MCN Article, 500GP Bike on the road

Hey, can someone dig out the MCN article from years ago where we rode a 500GP bike around on the road for a couple days?  My recollection is him standing in from of a fish and chop shop holding a copy of the Sun with the headline "Bike clocked at 200mph" or similar...

Mad bastard!  Fabulous bloke too, for those of us who new him.

Reply to this Topic
cbx1k

Jan 13

cbx1k says:

Really sad to hear this, I learned alot from his articals and it was in no small part from reading those each week that i decided to go back to college at the age of 33 to do my motorcycle service and repair diploma.

Reply to this Topic
davidhctravel

Jan 13

RIP Kevin

A sad loss. A very professional journalist and in the short time I knew him, a really nice guy.My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
cb1300s

May 09

cb1300s says:

R .I .P KEVIN

Really enjoyed your columns. Did not always agree with what you said but always admired the way you said it. My Condolances to your family and friends. R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
cb1300s

May 09

cb1300s says:

R .I .P KEVIN

Really enjoyed your columns. Did not always agree with what you said but always admired the way you said it. My Condolances to your family and friends. R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
hopeyzx9r

Jan 03

hopeyzx9r says:

A massive loss

So sorry to hear this. Loved reading his highly informative journalism. A massive loss to Motorcycling, Journalism and more importantly his Family Friends and colleagues. Rest in peace Kev and say hello to all the legends not least Simoncelli and Hizzy.

Reply to this Topic
adieboy

Sep 12

adieboy says:

This is shocking news...

I have just learned of this tragedy. I would have to say that I read his columns with great interest, especially those with which he went into great technical detail. I didn't always agree with some of his views but nevertheless anything he had to say he put forward very well. I will miss his column and wit... Condolences to his Family Circle and Friends alike. Adie Morrow.

Reply to this Topic
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

So Sad.....

Just read the news about Kevin. I am not only shocked but cannot comprehend the feelings of the family. Taking my two daughters to school this morning looking at their adoration makes me understand how precious life is. The rest is just stuff and nonsense. RIP Kevin and I hope you're family can recover from this terrible accident. My dad believed in fate (he died suddenly from Legionares) and so do I but it doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices