Skip to content

Discuss This MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN columnist Kevin Ash dies

MCN is deeply saddened to report the death of long-time columnist, former staffer and hugely respected freelance motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash. ‘Ashy’, as he was fondly known throughout the motorcycling industry, died following an accident during a BMW press launch in South Africa on Tuesday. BMW have released the following official statement: “It is with deep regret that BMW Motorrad confirms the fatal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 12:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

One More Thought

As sad as it is having reflected on what's happened would you have "Ashys" life or some old bachelors 100 years watching channel 4 racing? I'm with "Ashy" all the way... take care fella we'll all miss youre fantastic barb & wit!!

Reply to this Topic
stormrider79

Jan 08

stormrider79 says:

Truely Gutting!

I feel for his beloved family at this time. Ashys column is the only part of MCN that I definately read every week, even if the subject could interest me no less he'd find a way to make me enjoy the words. Though I feel saddend that we will never read another of his outspoken, entertaining and articulate columns and views again there is a real comfort to know how much he loved and enjoyed his life, his family, his job, his motorcycling. If I can be such a contented man prior to my death I will ultimately count myself lucky.

Thankyou Kevin Ash. R.I.P 

Reply to this Topic
patiopeople

Jan 13

patiopeople says:

So long Kevin.....

So saddened to open the paper and find the news of his tragic accident, a real shock, I know I and others will miss him.

All my thoughts to his family.

Reply to this Topic
stevensonkaatsch

Jan 13

Shocked and stunned...

I am only a humble reader of Kevin's MSN column, but I'm certain I cannot be alone in feeling as if a friend has gone.  His talent in communication led one to feel a personal affinity with the man, his views and his aims.  All this may only be in my mind but nevertheless the feelings are true.  May his family and friends learn to live with their loss.... only time heals, no other way I know of.  Thankyou Kevin and rest peacefully.

Reply to this Topic
gilk

Feb 08

gilk says:

RIP

Will miss your bit in mcn, always the first bit I read. I know its early, but any chance of a mcn book of his colloum?

Reply to this Topic
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

stevensonkaatsch

I couldn't agree more... I enjoyed "Ashys" sometimes back handed compliments or attacks. For me he was a dyed in the wool biker of the old school who just loved anything with an engine.

He's not here but will always be remembered as the bloke who didn't give a stuff for political correct nonsense.. 

He's up there right now on an old school CR250 crosser enjoying himself I'm sure......

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Comment posted on behalf of Mike

Just read the terrible news about Kevin Ash, what a shame wether you agreed or disagreed about his articles, you always knew he could stir up a hornet's nest.

I think he enjoyed doing it just to get folk going. He will be a terrible miss. Hope you can find someone as good to take over. My condolences go out to his family.

You know what they say only the good die young.

All the best Kevin.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Comment posted on behalf of grayzx7r

Have just read MCN and the terrible news of Kev's fatal accident. Unlike all the contributors I never met him but always turned to his column first when opening my MCN and was always impressed by his knowledge and ability to convey even the most technical details in a clear and evocative way.

I will also miss him and felt I knew him. My heartfelt condolences to all his family and friends. RIP a good man, hard to replace.

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

Gutting News...

Very sad news indeed and my condolences go out to Kevins family, friends and fellow journos.

I, like many others, loved to read Kevins views which were both funny and sometimes controversial but his column was the first I looked for every week.

One thing I would have loved to have seen would have been a head to head between him and Jeremy Clarkson!

RIP big man!!

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

Sad

Sad news

RIP

Condolences to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy