Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Honda CB1100 first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Honda CB1100 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Video: Honda CB1100 first ride

MCN Executive Editor Phil West traveled to Valencia in Spain last week to ride Honda's completely new CB1100 retro roadster. Check out his opinions on Honda's brand new link to the past!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 13:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

18 inch wheels, are we going backwards in time, sorry oh yes thats right we are, in 2 years time they will bring one out with a 16 inch front wheel and antidive, then liquid cooling and whole think will start all over again, alloy frame next , untill we end up with a first generation fireblade.   But i also say trust Honda, so i'm sure it will float someones boat.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

venturer you're missing the point, a bike like this is supposed to stir emotion rather than ego

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Buy yourself a 30 year old Kwak z1000/Suzuki GS1000 etc, stick a Motad 4-1 pipe on it and save yourself £7000!!!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

How Much!!!!

These are only for standing in the garage and polished by those who like doing nothing better(nothing wrong with that). I'm an Oldie and it apeals to me but the price.

Buy a Bonneville and save three grand or wait a couple of years and get big Dicounts.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Poetic Waffle......

Having watched the video and cutting through the poetic waffle, it is exatly the same bike as a 1970s Honda. Apart from fuel injection required under emmissions regs it is no different.

Handles better than a classic bike? Errrr how? and yet the Honda "wallows" in the bends. Thats because its a lardster and has a tubular steel double cradle farme and weak suspension. Same old.

New or returning Bikers want value for money and bang for their bucks. This bike fails on both counts and several more. Modern and amazing bikes like the 2013 Kawasaki Z1000 will give riders one hell of a lot more for the same price. Or the 2013 Z750 if they want less power and less cost, but still much much more of a motorcycle. Sorry Honda but its a fail.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Those that compare..

..this to current, higher spec bikes are missing the point of a bike like this. It's probably not meant for you so move on. Those that do get it will enjoy a smooth riding experience that's unassuming but enjoyable. What's to not like of that? Different strokes for different folks. I think it looks fantastic and I'd love to have one in my stable.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Agree with sack

a beautifully detailed and put together bike, i'd swop the alloys for spokes,

add a fruity 4 into 2 or 4 into 4 pipe, perfect for a sunny summer bimble :sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

If people want to buy a very dated and heavy bike, with very little power and ancient handling and weak suspension thats fine. But why pay £9000 for one? Just get an 883 Sportster for less money with the same style?

Reply to this Topic
StreetrodR

Oct 10

StreetrodR says:

It takes Honda 7 years to design a bike from the 80's and it gets front page and 5 pages in MCN. Am I missing something?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Just get an 883 Sportster for less money with the same style"

You been drinking?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN