Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Honda CB1100 first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Honda CB1100 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Video: Honda CB1100 first ride

MCN Executive Editor Phil West traveled to Valencia in Spain last week to ride Honda's completely new CB1100 retro roadster. Check out his opinions on Honda's brand new link to the past!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 13:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

The valve timing

has been altered to give it a more "rustic" feel...no problems with that, it is a fine looking m/c and will fill a void for lots of guys who probably have modern water cooled fours to get their rocks off,on?! But for an air cooled 'bike it is a bit pricey......loads and loads of Bonnevilles and T 100s on Ebay would do the same job for less than half the money...and their residuals will remain healthy.

Reply to this Topic
barneyfife

Sep 12

barneyfife says:

Gorgeous bike. Honda will sell alot of them as there are quite a few mature motorcyclists with taste. For the rest of you, continue on riding your overpowered garishly coloured 'insect bikes', and don't forget to don your 'boy racer' wannabe ICON emblazoned clothes and your little star trek boots.

Reply to this Topic
pauly58

Jan 13

pauly58 says:

Progress ?

I had a CB750 K6 ,lovely bike but what I wouldn't have given for USD forks, monshock suspension & a deltabox frame. I have a Yamaha FZR1000 exup now, with all of the above & a standard of handling & roadholding I could only dream of on the old Honda. As someone said, you can progress in many directions, up a gumtree for one. Lovely looking bike the new CB1100 but I can't really see the point, not for me.

Reply to this Topic
pete7k

May 11

pete7k says:

predictable but quite pleasant

I see the objective here and I guess the market segment seems quite well identified and addressed. Mid 50s riders who remember early CB750s and want to relive their dreams may now have paid off their mortgages and have enough spare cash to indulge themselves in a 'heritage' bike. I think Triumph have done this very successfully with the Bonneville range which in silhouette is close enough to the old 650 twins to awaken the nostalgia urges and makes us reach for the wallet. I speak as a Thruxton owner(along with a modern bike as well!)who owned Triumph twins in the late 60s, and I love this modern version. The genuine classic Triumphs are silly money now and have no brakes and total-loss (nearly) oil systems. Good luck to Honda ... as long as they continue to invest in modern, relevant motor-cycles especially to make their bikes lighter and more fuel efficient! Pete

Reply to this Topic
outlookexcess

Sep 12

CB1100

Lovely bike, but I can't help thinking you could buy yourself a tidy 80's CB900, do it up with a few trick bits and handling mods, and end up with a real retro for a fraction of the price.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle