Skip to content

General Antone know how a dog copes with one eye?? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Antone know how a dog copes with one eye??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Antone know how a dog copes with one eye??

no not a joke, my daughters Patterdale went out on Monday and shot through some brambles and tore the lens in one eye, vet decided it would be best to take his eye out:upset: Just wondered if he'll mange perfectly well with just one

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 13:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

looks like

he will be fine then, :smile

Aren't we just a soft lot :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

just a quickie for Vulc on his dog

it looks like you had a Westie in the photo.

My mum lost her last Labrador in October, and is missing the company of a dog as she lives on her own. At the minute she has to hang fire as she isn't very well and not sure what hospital stays she has in front.  But if everything turns out ok she wanted a Westie or a Pug, (I know what your thinking about a pug!!)

What are the Westie temperaments, and are they ok with other dogs.  She is 77 next week and fairly fit (she still manages to go swimming every day)  would it be ok for her .

If she gets the all clear I would love to surprise her with a new friend but would like some feed back

Sorry not very bike friendly

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

West Highland White Terriers

to give them their proper title. I absolutely love them ! friends of ours have one, there's one in our building and both are in danger of dog napping :laugh:

The breed as it's name describes were originally bred from a pair given to the king of Scotland by the king of France, they were used as hunting dogs believe it or not, they were badger hunters.

The temperament is pretty good but males tend to try to dominate, they like to sit in a position higher than you, all dogs will want their head higher than yours to show dominance but Westie males particularly.

They are prone to skin problems, this can be controlled with diet, it's fatal to feed them crap, they are prone to weight gain from an incorrect diet it's best to keep their diet simple bland even. At the end of the day they originally lived outdoors and we do them no favours keeping them in centrally heated houses. Blue loved the cold but hated hot weather, he loved snow ! contrary to his breeders advice he also loved to swim in the sea and Billy Muggins here had on more than one occasion had to go into the sea to recue him :wacko: 

AND ! --- I still miss him 7 years after he left us.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thanks

just the info I needed, I'll tell her tomorrow, No more health problems than a pug if not slightly less.

Not sure about the heat tho my mums house is always warm.

Still plenty of time to decide yet thanks

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

No worries

my pleasure to talk about westies. Don't want to teach you to suck eggs as I believe you're an experienced dog owner but, be carefull where you go for a westie, look for a compact puppy not too long in the back or legs, some can go leggy which may be a throw back to how they originally were, breeding has made them how they are now. Same as with any breed you want to see the parents and the litter with the mother, your mum may be better with a bitch, unlike human females they are better tempered than the males :laugh:(less dominating)

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

she only wants a female

and when we know if she is going to be able to have another dog I'll have a good look.

I have to be aware that my Mum won't live forever and the implications of having another dog with me if the unfortunate was to happen has to be dealt with, that's why I need  a breed that will be ok with mine.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Mr Mac

our friends westie, a right old grump but he loves coming here to sit on the balcony watching the world go by. He went to his mum and dad's wedding at Gretna Green last year, he was going to stay here with us but they couldn't bear to be without him, was I dissapointed ?

Friggin right I was :laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

eye have no idea.....

it will probably bark up the wrong tree at first, and he'll feel a little ruff for a day or two, or maybe paws for thought before chasing that cat, but he'll be charging around like a mad, well dog, pretty soon.............as long as he can still lick his nuts, he'll be fine!  :blink:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

my snake only has one eye anorl ????

but apparently this particular breed of snake is only supposed to have one eye ????

yup its a " trouser snake " .. pmsl :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

what did i say

to you just now Weasel???????????????

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN