Skip to content

Discuss This Bike Chooser: 600s on a budget General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike Chooser: 600s on a budget

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Bike Chooser: 600s on a budget

"I got my test four years ago, but I’ve only just got the cash to buy a decent bike. I’ve got an open-mind and £3500 to spend on a 600cc machine." Here's what our expert Chris Dabbs had to say:   THE ONE TO BUYHONDA HORNET 600£1499-£8995It might have been around for 15 years, but what made the Hornet 600 such a great...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 15:33)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

600cc

SV650S... More fun than you can imagine and that's even after running a b-king! Not going to compete on performance terms with any 600 sports bike but then better to ride a small bike fast than a fast bike slow! Just wish they would do an 800cc 110-120 BHP version with decent forks and rear sus... And go back to the curvy bodywork and frame :(

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

SV650S is some 50kg lighter than the GSX650F

That's fifty, five-zero. Put full fairings on it and it's still cheaper. And lighter. And the seat isn't sourced from Stagecoach. If you want to ride a bus, buy a season ticket.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

sounding like a Parrot

But hell the SV650 is awesome bike! and at £4700 new, i'd say get a loan!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Agree with the previous comments about the sv650, also very easy to work on for someone new

Reply to this Topic
mackemforever

Jul 12

Going to be repeating everybody else, but why no mention of the SV650?

The finish on them is a bit budget, but they are good value, fun to ride, great bikes for somebody who is new to the wonderful world of bikes, and for the most part a doddle to strip down and work on.

I bought mine as soon as I got my A2 license, ran it on 33bhp for 2 years and loved it, have just removed the restrictors and still love it.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Go for the...

Hornet, that was my first big bike and Wow what a bike, still remember leaving the show room and feeling that it was trying to tear my arms off, great little engine and as all Hondas do it will last for ages even if thrashed to within an inch of its life which eventually happens over time... safely of course.  Miss that bike, gonna get it again one day, they are very well priced at the mo.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Got to be

the SV650 Sport, Fazer, Diversion F, V-Strom, Versys, ER-6F, GS650, G650GS or XT660

My first bike was a 2002 half-faired Hornet... which I hated with a passion!  Don't know why, but never gelled with it right from the start.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well done MCN

For Adding the SV650 (The Popular choice for most Posters) In your new edition.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices